Grand🐇 Jane Grows

Yes. I am trying different approaches see if I can increase my odds of success.

Rockwool soaked in a clonex solution. Cuttings scraped and dipped in rooting powder and then put in soil in a small cup with drainage.

5 Likes

You can do it !!

3 Likes

Add water in the bottom, i keep mine in water & the solutions hellraiser uses. Almost 100% live & then go into soil. I Watched a video & one lady puts them in these little cups , then inside a cup of water, like a homemade Hydroponic

2 Likes

@JaneQP nothing to do with what your doing, but thru my laziness not cleaning up lol, these were cuttings taken over a month ago. Just sitting in the kitchen window in plain yucky water… taken from vegging plants… not enough daylight here so they switched to flower… no roots , but they are making a hedgehog lol, pretty tough plants… ( wish seedling were this tough ) :crazy_face::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Wow! I have never seen that before!

3 Likes

Yeah ive been trying multiple cloning techniques as well to see what works best for me i really want a hydroponic cloner specifically the 26 site Clone King but also dont want to drop 80 bucks on it either lol so far what worked best for me is peat pucks soaked in clone x solution inside of a propagator usually have roots in about 9 days ohh and dont forget the heat mat set to 76f lol

2 Likes

Me neither lol, im gonna leave them there til they die i guess lol

3 Likes

Just give them fresh water every other day i bet atleast 1 does something lol

1 Like

@JaneQP I use this and have had serious success with it.

2 Likes

We will see

2 Likes

I bet atleast one will lol do any of them have that odd like callusing starting yet?

1 Like

Hmmm im not sure, what is that

1 Like

Only my MAC clones did that.

I just cut these girls today. Cross fingers for me since I have another tent to fill!

2 Likes

I do have a cloner but did not want to try it now with the holiday season upon us. What have you tried and what has been your success rate?

1 Like

Looks like white callusing it comes before roots and those little nub areas are where the new roots shoot from

5 Likes

So far with my main method being peat pucks and a propagator and heat mat typically high 90% success rate

2 Likes

Ive also tried solo cups with plain soil in a propagator, dixi cups with soil in a propagator as well as coco and solo cups and as of a few weeks ago i used soil with little tiny nursery bags placed inside dixi cups to hold them up i over all honesty have prety good success rates with all methods ive tried my best method tho is the peat pucks method id also like to try plugs like Root Riot plugs ive always heard great things about them also i use clone x on all my cuttings i will how ever be trying aloe and kelp tho in the future sense both are organic and high in growth hormones make for great rooting stimulates ive heard

1 Like

Wow. My best luck was two summers ago. I took cuttings and stuck them in water outside under our pine tree. Once rooted I put them in 1G bags. Had 20 late season clones and no place to grow them inside. Gave most away and with late season they were little bitty flowering one cola wonders.

I just can’t get a good success rate inside! I tried water only and had algae blooms. Tried root riot cubes and another complete failure. After two years I have only had six maybe ten clones survive indoors.

1 Like

I am using clonex but wondering if indoor temps are too low?

2 Likes

My best success was with my heat mat set to 75 to 76 degrees heat mat and thermostat controller impo is a must the last cuts i took for clones i used no heat mat and was on the floor of the tent in a concrete floor basement lol took like 3 almost 4 weeks before i got my first one to root another week and a half for the last one to root lol having the environment dialed in helps the process alot impo especially when using a heat mat i have roots within 7 to 10 days typically and without it obviously shows :smile:

1 Like