Grand🐇 Jane Grows

I don’t know if it’s the glass screen protector on my phone or something else but the photone app doesn’t work right at all it reads the same in the middle of my tent as it does in the corner and I know that’s impossible. Before hearing about that one I had downloaded another app just called ppfd meter that seems to be close to the numbers the manufacturers have in their ad. At least I can see base numbers on my light to help me get used to them when I first bought them

3 Likes

The photone app requires a paper diffuser. Although they recommend a higher grade paper someone here checked the different between regular computer paper and the good stuff and the difference was not outrageous DLI-wise.

Bunny later today at an office big box store:

“Can I get one sheet of XX grade white paper?”

“Ma’am that comes in a 500 sheet package and is more expensive.”

“That’s nice. Can you open a package and sell me one sheet, please?”

5 Likes

Try an art supply store, just thinking out-keyclick, you can get watercolor, charcoal, sepia, pencil papers in all different weights, press temp, tooth, usually small count packs or sketchpads.

I haven’t used any paper. I didn’t know it said that…I just using my phone alone.

The app prompted me to use one for the LED full spectrum light. Maybe it depends on the light chosen?

1 Like

I chose led full spectrum too. I see in instructions now it says use a defuser but it doesn’t say what to use…lol

It’s only the iPhone that needs the paper the android phones are supposed to work without it. I have a LG android but the photone app is no where near reading right

1 Like

Ok I have android…mine seems to work great. I can see it change just by angling my phone differently to the light even without moving it …

1 Like

Mine popped up directions to cut a 1/2 in of white paper and wrap around the top of the phone and taping it in back. It was a thicker grade than regular computer paper.

2 Likes

It’s standard 22 lb paper. Most paper marked “ink jet” is 22 lb paper.

2 Likes

1/17/2022 Update

Accomplishments this Week

Assembled the HLG 260. Had a couple of hiccups. First the carabiners were too large. I had to chuckle when I looked at the email thread. “Can someone explain to her how to hook the carabiners to the mounting holes?” They did check the warehouse and found that 1/4" had been placed in the bags instead of 3/8". They shipped the replacements overnight and threw in a pair of glasses. Next I plugged it in and no power to the driver. I cut and stripped the power cord again and boom I was staring into the sun!

I cut clones from the TrainWreck (6) and Tangie OG (4) and put the two CBD seedlings in solo cups - these things (CBD Hemp) are light hungry. Here is the seedling tray set up:

It stays at a comfortable 71-78 F and 70% RH after I put it on top of an upside down laundry baseket over a heat vent.

For the update on the plants, I must caution you that these graphic pictures are not for the faint-hearted and may cause nightmares. Only continue reading this journal entry at your own risk.

These photos were taken after an 8-week bout of fighting the evil spider mites. The poor plants had already suffered for two months without proper nutrition since my clone supplier’s roommate forgot to pH the feed water.

These are after the clones were taken.
This is the best looking of the four plants (Tangie OG).

Here is the Trainwreck with my Gary cat looking on in horror at the abomination.

Join me next week with the sequel - MAC and Blueberry Chem’s Scream Team.

Hoppy grows to you,
:rabbit2: Jane

16 Likes

I think , great job bringing these girls back… hard work and dedication :muscle: :clap:

2 Likes

Might be stupid question, but is that like a fish tank light ? Above babies

2 Likes

Dude - there are a lot of aquarium lights out there with controllable LEDs that would be great for clones and seedlings!!
I started my first set of clones under a Fluval aquarium LED strip and they did great!!

3 Likes

I bought a kit called the supersprouter. It is a T5 growlight. Specs say 17 W.

2 Likes

Yes, the T5 can be used for reptiles as well. Works great for clones and seedlings. I kept some clones under mine for 3+ months (with trimming) until I got dedicated veg and flower tents.

2 Likes

Ok great to know, gonna go dig up all those lights and see what they say on them, thanks again, love finding things around the barn lol

4 Likes

@TT When I went to pull the box for the T5 information I reread the directions and realized I had not removed the protective blue film from the reflector! DOH!! Call me Homer. No wonder the CBDs were stretching.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did the same thing when I got mine. Realized it after 2 weeks. :smile_cat:

1 Like