GrandšŸ‡ Jane Grows

Easy solution, wake up an hour before her and get it done with some coffee, sheā€™ll be none the wiser. I wake up before the dogs, they are bigger pests for breakfast than the GF that early in the morn. Once you have a system down, its no work at all.
Spring chicago, garlic goes in in oct, I plant my toms/superhots end of april/may, sometimes i have to tent in trashbags for the rando lingering frost - yeah rain sucked, had to put in a 4ā€™ well-point to pump off that water table.

4 Likes

Adapt is the word. At least this year I can start everyone in the tent instead of buying veggies at Home Depot

5 Likes

Yeah, hit em early with microbes, like tribus/recharge/extreme whatever flavor you like and watch em take off. The microbes replicate in the roots as the plants grow so start early, but expect em to grow fast. I prep my garden in fall for my spring planting, one run 6" with a till to turn in spring-weeds and plant.

2 Likes

My wife is the primary consumer when it comes to the fruits of my labor. So she doesnā€™t give me any trouble.

Good luck with the woman Spudā€¦ get her on board and in to help. I can count on wife handle about 40% of the trimming. THATā€™S HELP Iā€™LL TAKE

5 Likes

Yes @Underthestairs everytime I see your tag. I think of the horror movie in the 70ā€™s with that name.people under the stairs. But back to life my wife her dad grew a monster garden for years a acre or two. She loves helping me out back. And now with the ā€œshortagesā€ we are going with better plans for are backyard garden. I just have to find a horse farm. Around here. We grow organic .She did help a lot in trimming last years weed crop. Now we need trim bins to catch the keif /hash. We lost a lot last year. :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Hard year. Not much sun, so much rain, too much humidity. I think we lost about 6oz to mold and rot

1 Like

@Underthestairs I donā€™t smoke so hubs and the children are the primary consumers. Hubs does the first wet trim while the plant is still standing. He takes off all the fans before I chop. My middle comes over and helps trim the buds. She makes them look picture perfect! We pack those buds separately for gifts and tips.

9 Likes

I am impressed with their customer service and the package arrived today so guess who is setting up the flower tent? Canā€™t wait to get the Tangie OG in there after I grab a couple of clones. I will say in my short time growing anything Tangie seems to have strong genetics, pest resistant, and easy to grow.

Supplies have run low in the household.

4 Likes

@MedicinalJutland I am also looking forward to watching your grow.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s really something, that you donā€™t smoke but still enjoy growing the plant, essentially for your husband and children. A motherā€™s work never stops :joy:. Still, I just think thatā€™s an amazing thing, and itā€™s heartwarming knowing itā€™s a family activity for you.

6 Likes

Thx @DrWatson420 I am out of likes. Thank you for the kind words.

4 Likes

Thank you, the stretching and delayed shipping on my SF2000 is stressin me out :joy:

• but since Yesterday it stopped stretching, and is now slowly developing itā€™s true leaves!

• learned alot from looking through your posts!

3 Likes

Real quick update so I have it documented. I clipped a clone of the healthy Tangie OG. I am going to grab six off each of the plants. I think only the Tangie OG and Trainwreck are worth flowering out. The other two are headed to the compost bin after clones are cut.

Iā€™ll take pictures but be prepared - you will have nightmares after seeing the horrible condition of these plants. :japanese_ogre:

9 Likes

It canā€™t be that bad! Iā€™ve seen some doozies on here! A couple that were like - Is that even a plant? Wha? :rofl:

5 Likes

@JaneQP yes I grow also for my daughter who lives in a non-legal state. Edibiles for her,oil too. Maybe soon that state will wake up! She has a lot of back yard backs against cornfields on three sides. I DREAM OF GROWING UP THERE.Moving up there cheaper taxes ,everything

5 Likes

Could you tag me in your grow also so I can watch?

1 Like

I just think itā€™s awesome seeing families come together, especially when it involves growing for a loved one. That makes it all the more special, and it just really struck a chord with me. I love seeing it.

5 Likes

Another quick update as a note for later reference:

Second CBD seed sprouted (shotglass/wet paper towel method).
Cut three more Tangie OG clones in seedling tray. No more possible clone sites left.

10 Likes

Thats amazing!
Would love to try my hand at cloning sometime in the future, if i Can get a sturdy motherplant going in time!

Do you use Clonex or something Else for the proces?

1 Like

@MedicinalJutland
I used clonex for the first time with the MJ clones. (get the jar not the pouch if you buy it). I also have some old rooting hormone powder I used for the herb cuttings I took.

The second CBD seedā€™s taproot went through the root riot cube overnight. I just transferred her to a clear solo cup with a Styrofoam cup around it for insulation and to protect the roots from light.

The two hemp seedlings seem to want more light. They are stretching.

9 Likes