Bulldognuts New Grow Room Journal

Thanks, I’m doing OK. Being a Union employee I have some negotiated protections from unforseen events. I really worry about others whose jobs and or ability to work is being affected negatively. Hopefully things turn around, even though I have those financial protections it can’t be good for the long term outlook of the company I work for.:+1:

11 Likes

Plants look great I am trying to catch myself up. The shortage of many goods is starting to pile up. I was just reading an article about gm and chevy temporarily closing plants for two weeks at a time because of the chip shortage. Not sure if this is caused or even related to the container ships unable to get into port or just a labor shortage in many different areas. It’s really kind of crazy what’s happening.

3 Likes

Brother every business around me is hiring. There’s more help wanted signs than churches. And I live in the Bible Belt. I think 500 churches is a understatement. Nobody wants to work and it’s sad. And that’s a big part of the problem. Ppl are making more on unemployment than they would be working. That’s another part of the problem. Sorry for clogging your thread @Bulldognuts but it feels good to vent. :v::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

So true brother…
People don’t understand that they will only glide so far with the help of government , without flapping their wing’s and demanding a better way of life for them selves and the offspring that they create…
I luv to be productive…
It saves me and most of the people that I know…
Always strive for better and never think that you can’t accomplish better…
It’s always there , just take the steps towards a better future…
Things are about to get really hard in life…
This is planned and I can’t tell you what the end game is , I just know that we are really going to be doing some soul searching for one another…
Will you be for righteousness or total destruction of your self and the people around you …
My eyes are tearing up as I right this…
This will be a new world for us all…
Luv , luv and more luv , but always understand that their are wolves always hiding in the shadows…
Crazy world that we are living in fo sho…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Couldn’t agree more mate. Difficult times ahead, for all of us.

5 Likes

Boy, isn’t that the truth! The last few bags have been horrible, drove my last two grows crazy. Two bags ago it burned everything, this bag/grow….grubs. No consistency. I’m looking to switch too.

6 Likes

It’s a crazy world right now! I don’t know any business owner that isn’t looking for help either. And the cost of everything is going up faster then wages. The cost of gas, food, clothes and other necessities just keeps increasing. I wonder if we will ever see our “normal” again or is this the new norm.

8 Likes

I hear great things about Coast of Maine (I think the Stonington blend?) and if I keep using soil, will likely try a bag of that instead of my FFOF.

4 Likes

I love coast of maine but I use bar Harbor Blend

2 Likes

OK I’ve decided to make a change with my lighting schedule. @Not2SureYet posted a article about Gas Lantern lighting schedule. I can’t link it here due to it having commercial advertising. After reading article I thought I’d give a try, especially since it claims to be able to decrease lighting electricity cost by up to 50% and increase growth by 25% during veg. I am going to paste the pertinent information here, just so others can see the lighting schedule.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state! Your immediate savings are 5 hours in energy costs daily, as well as your bulbs and equipment lasting longer. But how do the plants react to this lighting schedule?

You see immediate growth response from your plants, they are happy from the added rest time. By day 14 the plants tripled in size. The plants are bushy with twice as many bud sites without topping or bending, In fact when you top and stretch your plants out, you get many more bud sites than you would have had under 18-6 using same procedure of topping and stretching plant, your growing bigger and better and faster.

So your saving 5 hours daily in energy costs, as well as your excellerated growth pattern which also saves you time and energy and equipment use.

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

Cannabis is an outdoor plant and you should copy the way it grows outdoors indoors. The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule’s do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend. 12-1 lighting schedule is a more natural way to grow indoors and you well have the best results you have ever had and save as much as 50% in energy costs.

images

I started this schedule today when lights came on. The Northern Dawgs are still looking great and no signs of male parts yet. :+1:

23 Likes

Cool, I have you book marked I will tag you into my new grow.

4 Likes

I think I’m already there :+1:hard to keep up.

4 Likes

Ive been trying to get myself to jump onto the gas lantern style lighting… im guessing its in my near future as well. Lol

Im digging them northern dawgs!!! Suh-weeeet!

6 Likes

@Bulldognuts what is your source for those pictures?

Asking because while I understand that gas latern method proven to hold plants in veg, I have never seen anything proven that outdoor grows superior to indoor grows. Or that plants can produce 25-35% more even with the reduction in dli.

4 Likes

I run the gas lantern schedule with awesome results…
Plant’s grow crazy fast…
Saves money…
Plant’s transition to flower faster…
Easier to control your environment…
Everything about it is a positive…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

The explanation that I posted on the 12-1 lighting was from a article, the pics were from the article also. I just screen shot it and posted along with info from article. I’ll send it to you.

6 Likes

I’m too late for veg but I just flipped yesterday and I changed to 11 on today, I am willing to see how it works my friend. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’ve seen several people using Gas Lantern techniques before, but this is the 1st time I’ve seen a 12-1 schedule for veg. I’m not recommending it for anyone, at least until I see if is going to work. The one thing is even if it doesn’t necessarily improve growth, I like the idea of saving on electric bill and wear on the lights. :+1:

9 Likes

Absolutely, I like the idea, and I believe in trying immediate nature. I don’t know with my 300w closet how much savings lol it hardly cost to run them as it is, but every penny counts.

2 Likes

Sunday morning :sunrise_over_mountains: update time. Really not much to say other than everything is on track and looking good. The Northern Dawgs are stretching and starting to flower. The daily ball patrol hasn’t detected any male parts yet :pray: In the Big tent The Critical Mass, OG Kush, LA Confidential and GDP are healthy and happy :+1:

Northern Dawgs

The Big Tent

27 Likes