Bulldognuts First Grow Journal

Yep did the same mix, everything went great until cal mag deficiency. And no no more feeding until I get this sorted out.

2 Likes

Yes calibrated recently. Will do it again tonight.

2 Likes

Still haven’t got the whole quote thing straight yet.

1 Like

If you did it once that’s fine… Seems as if the standard factory settings should also be the right TDS factor so that’s why I’m lost going forward…

1 Like

I still don’t know how to do it lok

2 Likes

OK did a little test. Took reading of tap water. I then added a little Big grow at a time. Readings slowly increased up to 950 ppm. Once it went over it started reading 1.05 So I believe that you were correct once it goes over 999 it converts to 10x . So a reading of 1.05 would be 1050 ppm. If this is the case then I’m crazy high at 4.13
Tap water

Increased nutrients

4 Likes

Ahh okay well don’t sweat it then if I was you next time you water do it until 20% run off and then just stop watering to run off and give the plants time to eat all that rich nutrients in the soil, again no need to feed with rich mediums.
Good catch.
My ffof/ffhp run off is usually 4500 when the plants are young so don’t sweat it.

5 Likes

Weird mine says x10 once it gets to that point, but mine is a cheap one that came for free with my water filter.

3 Likes

My 14$ amazon one does the same supprized Apera doesn’t

3 Likes

Right?!?

2 Likes

Well done. Mine would never calibrate. I ended up sending it back.

Very true of FFOF. And not really anything to worry about as long as the plants tolerate it. No nutes in OF until either the plant shows it or runoff shows too low. The point at which you take your reading can affect it too so keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Thanks once again for your help.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

I made the point on a lighting question once that more expensive isn’t always better. Looks like I need to follow my own advice.

2 Likes

I did see the thread you made that point and while it is valid so is your purchase, the Apera will be accurate and very reliable. To boot you taught us all how to read the fancy thing haha

3 Likes

Sorta feels good that I was able to actually figure it out. Now I swear I’m going to put phone down and get busy. Have a great night and good luck with new grow.

3 Likes

Wanted to do a quick update. Everything is going well. Got LST started on 5 plants. I may have got a little to aggressive with large fan leaves trying to tuck them under new growth. They seem to be recovering from my abuse. Two of the GDP’S are looking really good but, not getting much stretch yet. Still trying to get used to new lights. Decided to raise them from about 20 inches to 24. After taking lux reading, turned up lights to near full power. Keeping readings between 32000 and 36000. Here’s some pictures.

These two are the GDP’S that aren’t stretching.

9 Likes

Why would they be stretching? Did you switch lights to flower mode? What week are we in of veg/flower?

Remember to refer to this post

1 Like

Guess I was wanting them to catch up a little. No big deal, these 2 have been behind from the start. This is why I decided to do journal, so you guys can keep your eye on me.

You are formerly, that one guy ,right. Took me a minute to figure out. Went back to review post from @Nicky and saw new name.