Bulldognuts CBD Grow

I was having a few problems with my Apera 60 PH/ppm meter. So I called for information and talk to customer service and I thought I would share it here on dog nuts journal because I know a lot of people that pass by here use similar meters. So here’s what I was told. They guarantee the probes on these meters for six months. Both the pH probe and the ppm probes have coatings. They where off between eight months and a year and a half. Then your meters will either stop working or be incorrect and need a new probe. According to them Amazon is the cheapest place to replace your probe. The probe for the PC 60 is 54.30$and the one for the pH probe only is $33.
I was told to store it after rinsing with RO or distilled water leaving a few drops in the cap.You can wash your probes off with a little soapy water and a very soft brush. The storage solution and the cleaner for the pH pen is not that great for the two electrodes that do ec/ppm. They said not to store in the cleaning solution if you’re using storage solution only have the pH bulb in it. Not the metal electrodes for ppm/ec. Mine is just over a year old and I also have one that is just PH that is two years old. On both my meters the pH is working fine and correct. The PPM/EC is what has quit working.

Anyways I hope this helps somebody out the information was good for me I am ordering a new probe today. I hope everybody has a great day, week, life. Positive thoughts sent out to the world cannabis community…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

10 Likes

Good to know as mine is 1 1/2 years old now.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I know at some point I was having issues with my ph20 meter. It wouldn’t calibrate properly. I spoke to Apera rep and was told that the meter should be stored in Apera brand storage solution. Specifically Apera 3M KCI Solution. I had been storing it in a off brand solution from Amazon. The rep said that I could try getting proper solution and it may help to restore bulb after a week or so, of proper storage. That’s exactly what I did and it did start calibrating properly. I’ve also seen info that claims that it can be stored in 4.0 solution. I have the 3M KCI so that’s how I store it. As far as the Apera TDS meter I was told to rinse in distilled water and store dry. Here’s a pic of proper storage solution for Apera PH20

6 Likes

Beast mode big bro :muscle:t4::sunglasses::v:t5:

1 Like

That being said, maybe it’s best to buy separate meters instead of a combination. If they require being stored in different elements it would probably be better. And I’ve been known to just dump it out throw the cap on it and put it away. I use my meters very often, the more you use it the more it’s going to wear. I have that storage solution and I have used it my problem is I am so used to dumping the cap back in the nutrient tank after checking it that sometimes when I grab the meter out of storage I see something in it a dump it in the nutrient tank. That’s a no-no. I really don’t need the ppm meter, but it does make things more interesting and keeps my mind going thinking about numbers. Anyways I knew you had one and this is fresh information from this morning so I thought I would share. You guys have a great day.
:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

Haha! :rofl::joy::rofl: :scream:
6 plants, and you don’t want a lot going on?? Shezzz! And to think I’ve got a lot going on when I have just two plants. :joy::joy:

If 6 ever gets to be too much, I’m just a text away, and I wouldn’t do that for just anybody!! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I remember seeing the distilled rinse in book for my ph20. So without checking i put mine up for long term storage with distilled in it. When I removed to use it wouldn’t read or calibrate, but I don’t remember the error. Based off recommendations here I put in storage solution for maybe week or two and it worked fine and was still in calibration.

5 Likes

I have the 4x8 tent, the main reason I went with it was so I could have a/c unit, whole house humidifier, ceramic tower heater and 18 inch oscillating fan in the tent. This allows me to control environment fairly well. I keep a large dehumidifier in the room that tent is in that I need to run during the summer. One of these days I’ll have a whole room to grow in. But this works well for now. With all of that equipment in tent I only have room for 6 plants in 7 gallon pots. When I finish these up I’m going to do a SOG with 3 gallon pots, probably 12 plants. Let them mature, flip them to flower, hopefully after 4 weeks Veg.

5 Likes

What size dehumidifier are you using? Just curious as I just got a small commercial one rated at 80 pints by New standards and haven’t been able to try it out in the room yet lol.

1 Like

I borrowed one from someone last summer when my a/c went out in the house. Was using window units until I got it fixed. Once it was repaired I traded a zip of GDP for the dehumidifier. By keeping it in the room that I grow in it helps remove humidity being exhausted from the tent during flower. I didn’t get any of the paper work with it but here’s a pic.

6 Likes

My ph20 wouldn’t calibrate after 1yr, I called rep he stated to see if there was a bubble in probe and yes there was so it was toast, for 35.00 they sent a new ph20 in a case with solutions I always use apera storage solution he told me your lucky to get 1 1/2 yrs out of the ph20 the new one has a cage around the probe to protect it, pays to calibrate every now and then my feeding ph was out of whack for a while

4 Likes

Do you have an ac unit in there now? If so, how big? Two hose or one?

2 Likes

I have a one hose unit, would love to have a 2 hose. Someone here on forum talked about having a 2 hose. I believe it was TDubWilly , but I believe he passed away several months ago. :cry: Here’s a pic of my setup in one end of tent and of a/c unit info.

5 Likes

Sweet good score and thanks! :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

RIP @TDubWilly Man I did not know that. He was so much help for folks here including myself. He will be missed! :pray:t2:

I may end up buying me a two hose and put it in my adjacent room so my grow room will suck air into it. I think two a hoses would be a little more efficient. Not only that but, it won’t deplete the air from my house. :v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

We did lose him, and he did have 2 hose unit. He actually had some problems with getting it to run properly. I can’t remember for the life of me exactly what the issue was, but I think he deviated from where his hosted were originally setup. I don’t remember if was flaw in unit or just dealing with Texas heat on 2nd floor grow either. But he eventually got it to work good enough.
I am 100% sure that he said he would have purchased diy split unit if he had to do all over again. Said it was only few hundred more than unit he had and would’ve solved all his problems. Not everyone is in same situation either.

I sure do miss the goofy ginger. He was definitely one of a kind

14 Likes

From what I have learned during the process of building my grow room, I would in a heart beat if I could. Unfortunately location is not an option. If I had a whole room, it would be a little less conspicuous.

4 Likes

Doggy, have a nice hump day!!!

:bread:

7 Likes

3 Likes

June BOM contest is open :+1:

8 Likes