Bulldognuts 3rd journal Northern Lights and Chemdawgs

6 Likes

Exactly, I built 2 lights each one covers 2x4 area. 8 strips per light with a HLG 320H-C1400B driver.

4 Likes

Ok, I figured as much with thise figures. Nice! Have you flowered with them yet?

1 Like

Oh yeah, 4th grow was start to finish with them and 3rd grow was finished up with these. Had large dense buds.

3rd grow Green Crack

4th grow Skywalker OG

22 Likes

Mother of all things smelly!!! Thats making me stoned just looking at it!
Well apparently those lights work just ducky :baby_chick: :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:
Perhaps I place them on my radar?

6 Likes

When I can afford to upgrade lights, I will go this way alsoā€¦ :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

The main thing I really like about this design is it gives fairly even coverage corner to corner and does a good job dissipating the heat.

4 Likes

Go. Rays.

1 Like

Iā€™ve posted this several times. But consider me a advocate for this build. The guy in video is greengenesgarden guy. Heā€™s one of the owners of PLC. This is for the 2x4 build, thereā€™s more videos on different configurations of PLC build. Wanted to give all credit to @dbrn32 heā€™s the one that made me aware of the wonderful world DIY and directed me to this video.

9 Likes

Are you trying to summon the GOTU LOL :laughing:

1 Like

Nahh just jinxing as much as possible

1-0 Rays, working! :laughing:

Is there a baseball game going on somewhere or something?

1 Like

Yeah, I think the Detroit Red Wings are playing the L.A. Lakers or something like thatā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah he sent me a link to this build a year ago, have the light strips changed? Or are you using the same strips that are in the build video?

2 Likes

Iā€™m using the PLC strips.

3 Likes

I took a break since January but am up and running again.
Here is a link to my latest update:

8 Likes

This was false, a false proclamation

Iā€™m currently eating my weight in crow

4 Likes

Dang dog. Just checked on them strips. 30 bucks each not bad. Might have to get me a nice set of them and build me a light. How much were the sinks and track for that setup. I like the looks of the lights like that. Looks nice and clean cut

5 Likes

If you are considering building this light, check out online components dot com. They had the best price for HLG driver thatā€™s needed. As far as heatsinks I paid around $8.00 a piece from Heatsink USA. Hardest part of build was drilling hole in heatsinks. If you look on website PLC has heatsinks designed for these strips, with holes predrilled. I believe they are $7.50 a piece plus whatever shipping would be. They didnā€™t have them when I built mine. You can also just use aluminum angle from HD and same some money. The 80/20 extrusion is a little pricey, I went ahead went with 80/20. I know that a few people on forum are using these lights. Imsickkid, bubblehead and KinSEDC is currently building some.

8 Likes

What strips are you using? I think Iā€™m gonna build 2 for both my 4x4 that will do good in veg and flower.

2 Likes