Couple pics of my light. Like I said, I bought a cheap, 6 light vanity fixture from Lowes (on sale for $25), a 2’x3’ piece of galvanized sheet metal for I think around $5 and 6 Y splitters for $2 apiece.
The vanity fixture was exactly 3’ long, so I centered it lengthwise on the sheetmetal and scribed a line down each side. I then bent the sheetmetal slightly on each line to shape my hood. Not sure the actual angle. I just eyeballed it where I thought it looked good. I also had an old piece of luan subflooring in my basement, so I cut a piece 3’ long and same width as the fixture. This would be my backing. I drilled a hole 1’ in from each end, through the wood, sheet metal and fixture, and put 3/8" threaded eye bolts through with a nut and washer on the bottom side. This served two purposes - it holds the whole thing together and it gives me two eyelets up top for my hangers. I also had to drill a large hole (1 1/4" in the center of the wood and sheetmetal, corresponding with the hole on the fixture where the wires come out. For a power cord, I cut the end off off an old PC power supply cord and wired it up. Hard to see all the details in this pic, but here she be. I can try to get more detailed pics if anybody is interested.
Here is the underside
Anyway, everybody loved the new bulbs. Hard to imagine, but there was a noticeable improvement overnight. Here’s my 1 week old ladies
Even my lettuce likes the new “sunshine” lol
Did my first water change this morning. All I can say is Thank God for my beer/wine making equipment. A sterile 7 Gallon bucket and syphon equipment made it all easy peasy