Built a new grow room

Having the space and most of the resources I decided to build a grow room in the basement. It’s all framed and the outside is drywalled 6ft deep 8ft wide and 8 ft tall going to use 4x8 of this for grow setting up reflective walls and curtains. Going to use coco and jacks. I’m using hid lights as they are available til can to afford to replace with led. 400 watt mh and 600 watt ups using power cool tubes. My immediate questions are about light height for each type of light. Going to start gorilla glue from i49 seedbank also how many plants can I run in this setup. Thinking about 5 gallon bags.

4 Likes

@Hellraiser , you’ve grown a lot with hid lights so my question is what height and setting should I run these lights. I have ipower cool tubes with the little wings, a dual dimmable ballast for the 2 lights. I have 400w mh and the ballast will dim to 250w. Going to run 600 w ups in the fixtures for flower and can dim from 250, 400, 600 and super. entire grow space of 4ftx 8ft will be Mylar walls. Going to give jacks in coco a run and gorilla glue seeds from i49. waiting for the part a jacks to arrive so can start seeds. Just trying to get everything ready. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

So I jus bought a grow tent n a vent an carbon system n as well as built a grow tent one will have a legit system the other jus a fan an exhaust holes I’m kinda new never had stuff like this always jus a bucket a lamp n an dirt from outside witch I grew a beautiful plant that made it 3ft but didn’t kno to change the lighting well this time I’m older n wiser n got some really good soil n the tents jus very excited to do this plus its nice to have others to share with

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure 600w HPS will be a little under powered for that space. I’m not sure about the MH for Veg. 400 might be ok. You may want to keep it to 4x4 … I know @Hellraiser used a 600w in his 3x3… let’s see what he has to say.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group @Buck29048

There’s a wealth of knowledge here. Start a grow journal and we’ll be happy to help you grow!

Thank u very much

1 Like

How do u start a journal

1 Like

Don’t mean to butt in but you guys mind if I tag along and listen in.

1 Like

I’m new to the process also

1 Like

Click on grow journals, the start a new topic

Thank you brother I jus figured it out but thank you…

1 Like

I have 2 in there have 2 400w metal halide and 2 600w hps. If I have to tighten up the space I can.

1 Like

Oh! You might be ok! You’re going to grow a lot of weed!

I just searched hps and found the standard is 45 watts per square foot for any lighting. So looks like I’m a little under powered for 4x8 so will likely set my adjustable wall at 3.5 feet then looks like I can be right at the recommended. A lot of weed would be nice. Would like to play with oils and make some treats.

3 Likes

Let’s see some pics of the build out!

Depending on your grow style you could grow 2-8 plants in that area . 8 being no walking room tho. Best of luck can’t wait to see how it all comes together

1 Like

This is the basement where we were repairing a broke foundation that was hidden behind a false wall didnt know when we bought the house. More pics to follow

1 Like

Foundation is all done so this is frame up of 1st of what will be several grow rooms

1 Like

Upper box goes half in the room half out in order to have a light proof transition from inside to outside for wiring. Will do the same for the watering system ill post a pic of the lighting controls when i get home. Making a run to bass pro, grow shop and home depot

3 Likes

Nice. Looks like a lot of work. But worth it.

1 Like

Exterior drywall is up next mud,tape and caulk for light proofing

1 Like