Building the grow room

What’s up everyone! So I’ve decided to do away with the 2 4x4 tents and use 2 rooms as grow rooms. The rooms are 10x10 with 8’ ceilings. For lights I will be running 2 260xl bspec in the veg room and in the flowering room I will be running 4 260xl rspec. I’m only gonna be lighting up a 4x8 area in both rooms. For ventilation I decide to ditch the vivosun fans and switch to AC infinity. For exhaust I went with a 8” t8 venting out into the attic. I haven’t figured out how I want to do intake. I bought a t6 for intake but haven’t installed yet. The rooms have central heat and air. And to move air around I put 2 16” oscillating hurricane fans in each room. I will have a dehumidifier in both rooms when needed along with a humidifier. Both rooms will be monitored with the sensor push temp and humidity sensor with the gateway router. I’m looking for some tips and guidance on growing in rooms instead of tents.

17 Likes

Shouldn’t need an intake with central air. Maybe use the 6 as a secondary exhaust in the flower room. I have that same hurricane fan. Can’t turn it higher than low and low is still a little strong for my room.

3 Likes

I can agree agree on the fan i have one in my 4x8 and on low its crazy amounts of air movement lmao wish I would have got the 12in instead haha

1 Like

Yea i figured the fan wouldn’t push that much air around but I found out quick last night that they are no joke lol. So I don’t need air intake if I have the central AC in the room?

1 Like

If you have ac vents in the room there’s no need. That’s going to bring in enough fresh air even when it’s not running.

1 Like

Subbed to watch this! And maybe steal some ideas.

1 Like

I sealed the door up today. I used weather strip around the door case and a door sweeper for the bottom.

gonna drop some beans soon. Idk what I want to grow yet, was thinking about doing gold leaf and something else but still undecided. I will start them under the 135 bspec turned down to 40 watts.

10 Likes

Hey @Loudman I’m following another guy on here that built a really nice growroom, here’s a link if you’re interested in checking it out. I’m going to be doing a build soon myself so I’ll be following yours to get some ideas :bulb: and share one if I think of something along the way… good luck :deciduous_tree: :sunglasses:

https://ilgmforum.com/t/trying-grow-professional

3 Likes

I used the same seal on mine as well, ended up putting crown molding on the opposite side the door swings from.

It’s helps a great deal I didn’t figure in for expansion tho

2 Likes

Thank you! I actually have started reading @PharmerBob journal last week lol I’m about halfway through it. You got a killer setup man!:+1::+1:

I built a 4x8 floor tray today. I used 1/2 osb. And some 2x2 boards then wrapped it in some panda film. I put some caster wheels on it so I can move the plants away from the wall so I can get to the back.

13 Likes

Smart move with the casters haha

3 Likes

That’s an awesome tray! I may have to steal that setup :wink:

Definitely a genius way to protect the tile floor, too much moisture would loosen those tiles.

Your setup is coming along nicely , love watching the progress, thank you for sharing

2 Likes

@LiesGrows @PharmerBob thanks. All material cost me $80 and I went with the non scratch caster wheels and so far they move pretty good and don’t hang up.

3 Likes

That should definitely work well for you and the ladies! Plus 80$ for the whole unit building it yourself! That’s the best bonus! Can buy more lights.

2 Likes

Yea I like doing most of the building myself. Eventually I would like to dive into building some plc strips. But for now I’m gonna stick with HLG and get a few grows under my belt with high quality leds.

3 Likes

Easier to have them do the pcb boards and build off those

2 Likes

Dropped beans today!!! Decided on 2 of each strains.
Gold leaf
MK Ultra
GDP
Runtz
I’m looking forward to this run. I did my germination a little different this time. I put a cap full of hydrogen peroxide in each shot glass. I hope all goes well and the seeds germinate. Wish me luck​:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Seeds went into solo cups today. All seeds are cracked and have tap roots showing. I’m using coco brick and I rehydrated with ro water and jacks 321 with a ph of 5.8. I sprinkled some mykos in the 1/2 inch hole I put the seeds in.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser you run the HLG 135bspec. What would you recommend for wattage and distance for seedlings?