Building perpetual garden stage 1

Awesome Bud! You are a PRO now Dude!

1 Like

What is “foxtailing”?

Foxtailing is when a plant starts throwing out new pistils on the buds even though the plant is close to harvest. So you wind up harvesting some white pistils.

2 Likes

@Ozzimotosan1 to piggy back off of @raustin Foxtailing is buds growing out of buds. Calyx’s stacking on top of each other. Most of the time now it’s caused by genetics due to all the hybrid strains being pumped out nowadays. Sometimes it’s environment related as well.

3 Likes

@Budtastic Mine look about the same as yours. You still have a week or 2 left. They really bulk up in the last 2 weeks and you dont want to miss out on that.
Patients grasshopper :sunglasses::us:

1 Like

Thanks, MB and @raustin. More education GOOD!
I know the clones that I took around the 21st day of fruiting, as a Forum member advised, look like freaks. Wondering what the smoke will be like. The Purple Haze harvest from March of this year made for some incredible smoke. Exactly the buzz I was looking for.
Can a fruiting clone go back into veg mode, even after getting trichomes?

4 Likes

Yes, a clone can reveg and start growing again, but it takes time and patients.

2 Likes

I just finished flowering out an ATF monster cropped clone, and it is exactly that. I took the clone 3 weeks into flower after it was showing pistils and trichomes and reverted back to veg. :v:

3 Likes

Hmmmm… Two of my four clones are darker leaved, and they look like trichome on leaves, etc.
They are the more freaky of the freaks I mentioned earlier.

Been really patient, since they were cloned in February or March when I had the last batch in fruiting mode.

Just wondering if my patience will pay off. Only my second grow, and first time cloning at 21st day of fruiting mode.

I figure I have so much from the last harvest, why not experiment. Agreed?

Oops sorry, just saw this MB.
Did you have to put them back in the tent to do a 12/12 light/dark schedule?

1 Like

If they’ve been cloned back in February or March they should have a nice root system by now. So, you monster cropped them and want them to reveg. Just keep your light at 18/6 and they should be there by now.

2 Likes

Raus-Man…what the heck is this stuff on my clone’s new growth??? It appeared overnight, after raining most of the time, but when I got home, just about all the new growth looked like this!
I pinched it all and brought them inside. In the tent now, in intensive care…:no_mouth::roll_eyes:
I have no upload icon, so the picture will be in next message. - Oz

Okay, they got a new icon on the tool bar…(or could be me :relaxed:)

1 Like

I think you need to check for bugs. Look on the undersides of the leaves and give them a thorough looking over.

I did. Found a few little black dots, but not sure if they were bugs. Does anyone have pix of a spider mite infestation?
I’m leaning more towards possibly not mixing my last feeding mix. I use Humbolt Nutrient GROW, and NPK RAW nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.

I went heavy last time with the RAW. It was twice the usual mix, and I neglected to stir it up.

The reason I’m thinking that is that it is the only plant with that issue. The other three are fine.

It was probably watered last, and got the “mutha-load”.

Since taking the affected new growth off, and putting the two alike plants back in the tent, no problems so far.

This is @Budtastic grow journal. If you are having problems with your plant please post in another area or make your own post. Thank You @Ozzimotosan1

Sorry. Was unaware.

All good, You just have to remember that a grow journal should be dedicated to the posters plants and when you post your problems and pics in there grow journal, it clogs it up with your grow. You need to make your own grow journal and ask for help in that area or post a new topic of your own. Thanks @Ozzimotosan1

Gotcha. Thanks. Still kind of new here.

4 Likes

4 Likes