Building out a new room, need advice

New edition…XL for when that time comes :wink:

2 Likes

Ok…so after 2 attempts to get some HLG 260 kits here with the latest being what appears to be turned around and sent back according to the tracking…since I’m in need of the lights quickly I went ahead and ordered 3 SF2000 as Amazon is way more reliable. If the HLGs ever do make it, there is a market here for lights so I can easily resell the SF or I can just send the HLGs back and refund due to it taking close to 45 days now…ridiculous.

In the mean time, here is my temporary solution to hopefully keep the girls happy while I wait:

I know that’s not ideal, but it’s all I can do for now.

Now, for my smaller 2x2 cabinet, I did have the exhaust on a 4” 75cf fan to keep the hot air flowing out, but I had that venting to the main room…so today I re-did my ducting for an external exhaust…and since I can smell the girls (even though they are way young) then I know everyone else will be able to, so I ordered a small 4” carbon filter and a better fan (ac infinity S4) to handle that situation here is a pic of the new exhaust routing

3 Likes

I think you’re doing great man just keep looking forward it’s all gonna work out… @SheilaT uses two Mars TLS 2000 in a 5 x 5 tent and does outstanding grows …:v::+1:

3 Likes

looking good. youll get it dialed in for sure. I see you got the " in it to win it with fox farm" size of the beastie bloomz and cha-ching. Only reason I say that is I found I only used a fraction of what was called for and have nearly full containers of both and almost to the end. I think they got .25 - .5 grams of beastie bloomz twice. :rofl:Not a bad thing. I went through a lot of big bloom also.

Lmao, I got those sizes not knowing there was different sizes at all…haven’t used any yet, lol

2 Likes

Got my Halloween party lights going!!

5 Likes

Added some Bluetooth monitors for my room, called Govee. I just walk in let it update my app and I can see everything I need to see to know how or if I need to adjust any exhaust or dehumidification or ac :slight_smile:

I was concerned with everything because of how hot and humid it gets here in south east Asia, and this hit the nail on the head!

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool…:+1::v:

1 Like

Just my damn luck. I order 3 260 kits and I got 3 260XL kits. I knew this was not going to be my day

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Hellraiser @Happilyretired @Covertgrower @KeystoneCops

I really need you guys advice. With all the damn shenanigans going on with me trying to get my HLG lights, I finally got them only to find they are NOT the 260 kits they are the 260 XL KITS. I am beyond frustrated but I am going to make these work some damn way. And I need help configure them for max coverage.

Now having said that here is the space I need to cover, I intend to get to 6 plants…but here is the space.

My original intent was to go with 3 260s perpendicular to that back wall and spaced out some…

As you can see, these XLs are just about too long to do that with with consideration that the lights will be on the sides of the plants:

So should I run 2 of them perpendicular to the back side or say screw it and run them Parallel?

1 Like

UUGGGGHHH I have sever ocd and this is really really bothering me…

3 Likes

Here is what 1 looks like, I feel like I’m wasting a ton of light with them out on the edges and against the wall.

4 Likes

Looks right to me.

2 Likes

With the gap between the boards, that won’t cause issues?

3 Likes

Gap between the wall?

I think Ocean means that the PCBs are spread to the extreme edges of the space, and they worry the middle isn’t getting covered.

@Ocean depending on how handy you are, Irma just an aluminum heatsink and can easily be modified to place the PCBs more centrally. I’d drill new holes to move them in a bit, but leave the heatsink full size.

1 Like

Also, @Ocean I think it’s absolutely fine to leave them as they are.

3 Likes

If it were me, I would probably convert the three 2 board kits into two 3 board kits and call it a day. Then grab some aluminum angle or whatever and fasten them together to keep from having wire pull out issue.

Did you accidentally order the 260 xl kits, or did you order kits you wanted and get sent the 260 xl kits on accident? Hlg would probably make it right if they screwed up.

3 Likes

I ordered regular 260s and was sent the XLs, I’ve spoken to growers house about it, and they asked if I wanted to return them for the right size…45 days shipping time one way means it would take me 90 days to get the right size, so screw it I’ll figure a way.

Now…these heat sinks are pre drilled for 3 boards so putting 3 on 1 is possible, would I still use just one driver to push all 3 still in series, or would I still use one driver for 2. And just run wires to make it all work?

Other option is to take the heat sinks and have the extra cut off (is do it if I had a band saw but I don’t)

@KeystoneCops yes, I was talking about how the light boards are spaced so far apart… I feel as though the middle isn’t being as lighted as it should be…but I guess others run these just fine.

I have searched and searched to find the PPFD map to see just how it compares to the standard 260, but I can’t find ANY more hint specifically about the XL.

1 Like

I don’t think you need to cut the excess heatsink off. Just relocate the PCBs; and I still think the XL setup should be just fine, if not better than the smaller 260.