Building a room

I don’t have one, but that is complete fixture. You shouldn’t have much to do for assembly.

1 Like

@dbrn32

Thank you! Even better!

Any pros or ckba vs the x3-330 you recommend? I just figure to stick with hlg.

Cons* sorry for the mistype.

1 Like

You would probably be able to run it a little closer to canopy and have more balanced intensity across your canopy. Otherwise not a lot of one being significantly better or worse than other. I would say either is a great light.

1 Like

@dbrn32

Seeing as you are the expert lol, a couple questions before I make my final decision…

1. I believe HLG has exclusivity with Samsung diodes or something along those lines, how much of a difference does that make compared to non Samsung?

2. I see that Growcraft x3 is made in America, do you know if HLG is? I see they are based in OH.

Thanks for all thehelp!

Hlg was using all Samsung leds, but others use them too. Difference may be in something like which 660nmone uses vs others. All of the heavy hitters post the third party sphere data, and they are all competitive. If you start going to companies like spider farmer or budget led, they don’t that I’ve seen.

Hlg is US company. Some of their earlier products were farmed out, and I’m not 100% sure what is currently in house vs coming from somewhere else. But it’s usually mentioned on product page when equipment is built in house.

1 Like

@dbrn32

Awesome! I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

I went with the X3-330

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Regarding ventilation, any thoughts on how well it would work to use two of these offset in the wall, obviously one on the inside of the wall a foot or so higher than the one on the outside wall.

Wondering if I would need to run some sort of ducting between the two, or just the fact there are in a hollow wall should be sufficient enough?

I saw a post where someone mentioned doing this, but I cannot find it to see the outcome…

I’m going to be using a cloudline S6

You mean two s6?

@dbrn32

I only have 1, my original set up was a 4x2 tent with a passive intake and S6 cloudline fan for exhaust. I was thinking of doing the same concept…are you suggesting adding an intake fan as well?

@dbrn32

So I’m building the light, super simple, things can only really connect one way. It looks like I have an extension wire to mount the driver away. I didn’t plan for this, can it be mounted to drywall?
I didn’t really plan on this as my HLG’s everything mounts to a metal heat sink.

Thank you!

1 Like

I wouldn’t mount it drywall. I don’t have the information to say exactly where it would be a problem, but operating temp of the driver can exceed the temp rating of standard drywall. It probably wouldn’t burn your house down, but I would bet the heating and cooling of driver could crumble the mud.

I would think maybe a shelf out of something that doesn’t have good thermal conductivity would be ideal. Or just use something as standoff to keep it off the drywall a little.

2 Likes

@dbrn32

Hmm…I will see what I can come up with!

Thank you!

1 Like

Just wanted to update everyone with a pic. The room has been drywalled and mudded (2coats). I didn’t bother sanding. I honestly wanted to avoid that mess. I primed and painted the walls using flat white maintenance paint. I ran electrical to it’s own 20 amp be breaker.

I just have to come to with something to block the light that comes from my AC Infinity Controller 67 and my temperature sensor that turns the heater on and off.

5 Likes

Nice looking set up :+1:

1 Like

That’s an exciting scene

1 Like