5 x 5 and seems pretty legit

1 Like

I am ordering it today
Picked up material for the main partition
Updates to come
Thanks @1BigFella
@dbrn32
@OldSkunk
for all your help you guys are great and always willing to help out right on guys.
Will post some updates of the space soon

I also meant to ask
What of the reflectors? Wide or extra wide?
What is the difference?

The beam angle that light is thrown. I think xw is 90 degrees, probably good for what you’re doing.

1 Like

Cool thanks again

1 Like

I figured as much for the 5x5, just checking. If your room is 6’ wide, just divide the other dimension down to 5’ and that light will probably fill whole space pretty good at reasonable height.

You won’t go wrong with Rapid LED. I’ve bought stuff from them and they shipped everything in about 2 days. That’s a big investment but I think you will be very happy. You can setup a single 5x5 and run all the way to harvest, then later add another 5x5 so you have veg and flower rooms if the economics work out.

You don’t need much in the way of plant material to start. You could even start with a single seed if you had to. Just make sure it’s a top shelf strain. When your plant is less than 2 months old, you can take lots of clones off it and fill your room. Read some other blogs here about cloning. It is VERY easy and every single clone I have taken has grown.

You can grow new clones and seedlings under some CFLs to start so you don’t have to run the big light to start. Or maybe just turn on one of your drivers.

2 Likes

I have 3 8bulb t5s
They filled my 6’x8 green house
Either I am going to use em as support lighting for the cob fixture with a flower bulb arrangement for the t5s
Or do as you said and use one side veg and flower on the other
I think though in the long run I will want to build another fixture to fill the room
I have a lil cube with a 300w galaxy hydro in it that I used for seedlings so I can easily pilut clones in it
We shall see
Thanks again @1BigFella

So @dbrn32
Question on spacing of the cobs
I have to build my own substrate to hang everything on.
There are no demensions on the substrate kit they offer at rapid so kinda lost on spacing out the cobs correctly
When you get a chance could you give me some direction? I think somewhere I read 14” center to center was good.

Some updates on the grow space.

8 Likes

Room looks good!

The rapid kit comes with rails in picture right?

No rails just the light build kit
The rail and substrate were 200 more bucks so I am gonna build one I can build sumpin way cheaper

1 Like

So when you divide your room it’s going to be about 5x6? If that’s the case and using 75 watt cobs, I’d probably put them something like 15” on center.

Cool thanks!!

That’s wicked that a room i want!!!

1 Like

@Growit from the research I did before buying from CobKits, I think that’s not a bad price. You could gather the parts yourself from the cheapest places you can and it’s going to cost you about $700 for everything but the aluminum. If I didn’t already have 20 heatsinks, I probably would just buy a light like that. I was going to ask @dbrn32 about luminous, but I forgot about it when I decided to go with the citizen 50v.

2 Likes

The cxm-22 is a smaller cob. Performance wise at around the 50 watt mark I think they are similar to 1818, 1818 is quite a bit better at higher power.

It would take some unique circumstances for me to recommend something different than either of them at this point. The higher voltage vero 29 right there too, but usually couple bucks more.

2 Likes

Yea I looked at sourcing all the parts from seperate places and could not get it in the price range that they are sellin this kit at. I got close to 700 bucks but it would have been with lower performance drivers
Anyway thanks
I think it is the way to go for my circumstances next one I build I think I will have more experience and know more about the components and be able to build the next one a lil cheaper and better

1 Like

Right on thanks
Only reason I am building it is I have quite a few plants flowering outside a little earlier than they were supposed to

1 Like

Don’t have to explain to me man bigger the room the more weed can grow so go for it bro

1 Like