@dbrn32
@Covertgrower
@garrigan62
@1BigFella
@Hogmaster
@Screwauger
@Countryboyjvd1971

7 Likes

With hsp and mh comes heat. Which can be helped with cool tubes, led are quite a bit less heat. I’m sure you already know that though.
I’ve grown with a 6000w mh/hsp, the bkue and red leds and now I’m thinking of trying thise quantum boards that @MattyBear and @dbrn32 use.

3 Likes

Thanks @Dieselgrower
Yea I know they run hot but they also are proven high yield fixtures
I was looking at sunlight systems 315 LEC/CMH and it seems to be the way to go from everyone I have talked to

1 Like

Just thinking for the cost of just buying real good fixtures or building my own
Niether way is cheap and I am not cutting corners or burning cash on amazon led fixtures

That’s a good size space to grow in! It’s all going to come down to budget, heat in space, how much you want to spend in consumption, and how much you’re wanting to DIY. If heat is an issue, LEDs the way to go. If not, LEC or CMH would be another good option.

3 Likes

Right on @MattyBear thanks man I am a diyer but my thing is to build a solid LED fixture is with in my ability however for the money and time spent building a few fixtures could I spend around the same on good LEC/MH/HPS fixtures and be just as happy with the results?

1 Like

I think you’ll need to see what needs to be done besides lighting to get your room together, and see what’s left in budget.

That’s a big space, and if you want to do it well will probably cost some scrilla. To do cobs or qb’s you’re probably looking at 1500ish watts as a minimum target. Building them can be as low as $1 per watt if done properly. Otherwise something like maybe 4 600’s, or you could probably do something like 4 315’s on some movers. Lots of different ways you can go with it. You’ll just have to see what you can afford that fits your goals the best.

3 Likes

This is funny
I went from”Oh I will build a fixture for the cube” to “Nah I will go get a 4x8x6 tent and build a fixture for that”
Then during our moning coffe mywife gifted me this space

It is the coolest room in the house
Window is being insulated and sheetrocked.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It is where my pups eat and get in and out
Sheetrockin the window in and building a partition and a standard door to enter the grow space

1 Like

I know it is gonna cost its part of the deal
Only gonna cost a couple hundred bucks to build the space so I am expecting most of my big money on lighting
So how many 1500 waters I need to build @dbrn32

1 Like

I do not have a set budget
To do this correctly it is not gonna be cheap
Getting the space ready is just a lot of hard work but I know what I am doin
As far as everything else goes , temp , humidity , ventilation , and lighting is where I am sure its gonna hurt the wallet.

1 Like

You’re correct, as long as you’re expecting it to add up quick because it will.

1500 watts total is what I meant. Really depends on how you plan to use the room. All one flowering space, or you gonna have separate space in there for vegging?

Oh and thank you for your time
I do not have a regular 9-5 right now and I know you work for a livin @dbrn32 I appreciate ya

1 Like

For now flowering because I need to move a couple ladies inside soon but next grow inthat space will be from seed to harvest. I can always divide the space in the future and have a veg/flower and maybe even keep a healthy mother plant.
For now I would like to build some fixtures that will do from seed to flower

1 Like

@everyone I might be forgetting love you guys thanks for all the help
@timmyv324
@DaGoose
@mulegal
@highcountrygal
@Sasquatch
@Fishead
@SmoknGranny

1 Like

@Caosred
@Nug-bug
@Bogleg
@BIGE
@Nickrivard420

1 Like

I am gonna be crankin on building the space
Can you give me a rough parts list for a fixture build? Or refer to one of your old posts on a similar build I don’t wanna burn a lot of your time.
That way While I am building the room my parts for the lights will be trickling in so I can get things layed out

1 Like

I’ll tag you into skgrowers thread. He’s doing citi 1216’s at 50 watts each. If you like that, maybe you could do a few rails of 5 50 watt cobs using something similar. I haven’t found a compelling reason to use anything other than 3000k or 3500k 90 cri if going the cob route.

Doing them in rails regardless of how many you end up with will give you the flexibility to maybe do a couple now and a couple later, and run lights at different heights too. It’s sbo the most flexible way I’ve found. But it’s not the only way, so whatever you’re thinking we can make it work.

2 Likes

You did such an amazing job of planning and building your outdoor space @Growit, I’d like to ride along and watch this new room come together. Yeehaaw

1 Like