Building a BIGGER Grow Room

I been saving for one…Lol

Well, since this is my 1st grow using HID lights, I’m not sure if I have a problem or not with my girls…
They all are bending sideways and even the leaves are tilted…
Looked like stretching for light… My lights are 24" above babies and I haven’t used fan directly on them… :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
Starting to get a tad concerned… I never had seedlings tilt like that… Hmm mmm

I can always add some dirt to maybe stabilize them…

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Strain; Type…SS and WWA

Age from Sprout:6 days

Soil grow…HF
2 and 3 gal felt pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Still babies, only misted w/6.4 pH

PH of water 6.4

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
None yet

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants:
2-600 watt MH 24" above girls
Temps; Day, Night:
Day 75-77…night70-73
Humidity; Day, Night:
Day 58℅ Night 50℅
Ventilation system; Yes, 4" carbon filter 470cfm
Also 2-4" passive intakes

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
A/C and Humidifier
Co2; NA

Seedlings look like stretching and bending…
First time with MH… used LEDs before.
Never had seedlings look like this… Help

Try dropping the lights a couple inches and see if they slow down on stretching. Is the light directly above them, or off to the side at all? Just spitballing

Both lights directly about… I had them at 30" and I just dropped them to 24"…
I’m not sure what’s going on… asked for some advice on HID since this is 1st grow w/MH-HPS, but most use LEDs I guess…
I’m probably going lose these, I need to do some more reading on using HID, heights and possible problems… Going to look around and try to find someone who’s willing to help me solve this…
Thanks for the Help…

I’ll be gone a while, since it looks like I’ll lose these, I’ll study up before I loose anymore…
Bye All… :cowboy_hat_face:

Next journal I’ll try to be more interesting…
Apparently this one isn’t very popular…or maybe I just don’t ask questions the correct way…

I don’t think you will lose those! The best way to get help would be to tag folks in. Like @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Hogmaster @Donaldj and anyone else that can help our friend out here!

If you have something you can use to prop up the leaning ones like a toothpick and tie off the stem loosely just so she’s standing up straight. They sometimes need a little extra help at the beginning that’s all. I wanna help you man, even though I’m not familiar with HPS/MH but do know a little and I always like learning new things!

Ya hold up a minute! I’ve never grown with a 600, but ran a 400. I always used fluorescent for seedlings though. Donald is tagged and he’ll be able to help more.

You’re pretty sure it’s a mh bulb and not a hps bulb? If there was a hps bulb in the fixture that would make them stretch.

using 600Mh I would let RH lower some this will encourage stem hardening your lights could likely be a bit closer 18-20" from canopy, Pictures show room for more soil also

I use metal halide and HPS. But for seedlings and clones I use a little two foot T5 light with a dome and heating mat. I don’t know if you can get them close enough without burning them or stretching. Maybe think of using a little less light power? Wait for some of the pros to chime in though I’m relatively new to this. Good luck and enjoy.

I know we always seem to spout RH but in some cases less humidity can be helpful MH lights are fairly intense but less directed intensity spreads fast. Support stems as others have suggested let RH drop some until stems seem more rigid then introduce air movement early stretch is not uncommon if seeds are planted fairly shallow and sprouts are happy :wink:

Just chill my friend, I know exactly how you feeling, mine is the same like yours lol :joy:, also I have the same problem but I managed to get them steady whit a little support(whit a stick and a piece of wire)

. Hit the bong and relax. The good part is that you have whit what to relax, I run out on 31 12 2017 so now I’m a little cranky
What do you use in the past for growing? Led?

only need to tag I bounce everywhere I don’t always comment if things look under control even if tagged :wink: I always subscribe to the thinking of no news is good news if it isn’t obvious a person wants advice

I’m with @Donaldj we cover a lot of journals and tagging is always good to tag your friends when you do your weekly update as well.

You are doing just fine. As @donaldj and @bob31 said if everything looks good we move on.
If you want to TAG ME and I will follow your grow

I think I owe you a video @Dragon269, time has got away from me since the holidays

Light rail 4.0 by gualara products, it comes in 1 meter lengths and you can add 1 meter at a time. Feel free to ask any more questions if you want

I know A man with a grow Just Like this one… The Plaint whisper