Bugs in DWC bucket ?!

Hey,

Well this is a first, long story shott I had to move a tent into a storage building, and since it’s been out there every time I check on my 5 gal dwc buckets, there’s tons of little dead buggs in the res… Wtf… I’ve never had this problem before, and I’m not sure what I can do to fix it, any suggestions, and or some sort of enzyme ?

1 Like

Add 1ml per liter of Cyco Zyme to break down the bugs into nutes.

Yes break down the bugs with an enzyme and you have yourself some homemade frass👍 Great stuff use it all the time

Hey,

Any suggestions on a good brand ?, I’m currently running advanced nutrients 3 part, with silica, big bud, bud candy, and humbolts golden tree, and what do you suggest would be the best enzyme to run with it?

Dead bugs in the reservoir aren’t a problem; however, their living brethren are possibly a serious issue and will most certainly get stuck in resinous flowers eventually.

We need more info on the species of bug(s). Can you get some really good pictures?

1 Like

Hey,

Yeah I’ll get pic up asap, I just moved my tents from a house into a brand new shed I just bought to store multiple tents… And wouldn’t you know it what looks like fruit knats in the DWC tent but I have no idea, I’ve never really had a big bug issue, till now, what I don’t get is I run 3 tents, and a clone tent, 1 soil, 1 hydro, and 1 wtf tent and my other 2 doesn’t have any bugs that I’ve noticed, I set out sticky traps in each 1 yesterday to help identify any issues, but I’ll get pics up a little later, and i greatly appreciate the help

1 Like

I recommend Cyco Zyme for the enzyme, I can’t put a link here but it is available on eBay for AU$50 per liter.

Nice, thanks for the heads up , I’m placing a order today

I’m guessing fungus gnat larvae