Bugs close to harvest, what should I do?

A really good experienced grower on this forum, well there are many, but it was @Hellraiser who told me about putting ur outside grows into a preventative pest control regimen in which u spray ur plants once a week and alternate the product u use. Like u could use Neem oil then Capt Jacks Spinosad, then Azamax (just one of these per week) and repeat the cycle. There is another organic insecticide kinda new on the market called Dr. Zymes. Im hearing good feedback about it.
Anyway, next grow you can start ur weekly sprays in veg and stay ahead of the game.

2 Likes

Good luck. Hope you get rid of them. I learned about the lady bugs on my first grow ever. Talked to a bunch of growers and my girl has her medical card here in Florida and I’m about to get mine and I’ve even seen where one of the dispensaries here use a predator mite, but not lady bugs. I’ve heard everyone swear by them and say they’ll eat anything that gets into your plants. Even spider mites. Then you just gotta clean off your buds. Everyone has been swearing by DE too. That’s what I’m about to try and some lady bugs in my garage. I cant wait to smoke my own bud again. Best high ever. Lol.

3 Likes

@Tenga appreciate the kind words. I like to mess with old Volkswagens, I learned most guys who have the old beetles or buses are generally there own breed and would help out one another. Glad to have found this site as it seems to be the same thing with most smokers and growers. And I think most of the vw guys are smokers lol My old 69 beetle, I couldn’t get the heat working, found a bag of ole weed hid in the heater line in dash lol Was able to find all of those things on amazon. So goin to check on the girls tommo, see if my peroxide did anything and then make a plan moving foward. Good tip on draggin across yard. I was nervous about ordering seeds online. So went with these freebies from
Bag smoke from a friend. Hoping to gain some knowledge and then go at it again with good genetics. Got my eye on the white widow and the purple haze.

1 Like

@Tenga I like this. Good advice from @Hellraiser. I like the idea of alternating so you def gonna wipe out the bugs before they are a issue like maintenancing your car before it breaks down. Simple thought but profound. I’m a young Jedi apprentice hoping to become
A canibus Jedi

2 Likes

Lol! :rofl:
My one plant is purple haze! Its in early flower. Its a little on the puny side but im still proud of it!
My first car was a '73 vdub!! Thats really funny about finding the bag of weed in the car!
Yeah I think a lot of hippies were/are into the vdubs!! :sunglasses::ok_hand:t4:
I’ll tag u onto my journal if u wanna hang out. Warning: it gets a little weird now and then.

2 Likes

@shaggy you fortunate to have the medical. I wish they’d it here. Have some family in Fl, he was telling me at first you couldn’t smoke it the medicine then you could. Wat he talked was some Nice medicine. I want to vaca to a state we’re it’s legally legal for recreation to walk into a weed “joint” no pun intended lol :joy: and literally just buy some and smoke it or eat it. I don’t know how i would react to walk into a store, no Hiding, legit across the counter smoke edibles etc!!!That answered my next question and the lady bugs poop. I’ll clean a lil lady bug poo any day to be bug free. I wouldn’t mind to use then turn loose just to eat in the general area as well. Be a good population to get started

1 Like

@shaggy where in fl?? Im near Orlando.
Baney the only thing is, the fl dispensaries cant sell bud. Only the oil or vapor or whatever.
So u went into a weed joint?? Lol

O man I have to see this purple haze. I literally stared into the screen and I think slobbered on
The phone a little lol :joy: I have read about it and white widow seveal forms on the seed bank on here. I think that’s the 2 I want. I had to toss it. Lol i was lil nervous about smoking it i think it had been there since Woodstock. Sure add me! Just go out there and shake it and take a whiff for me, I dunno man if it at all tastes and smells like it looks it’s gotta be great!!!

Well ya gotta meet my friend @kaptain3d. Hes got a massive, gorgeous purple haze among many other strains in his current grow. Hey!! My captain!!! Can u pls post a pic of ur PH here for Baney?? Nvm!! I found it!

Not mine. That is Kaptains. Mine is mainlined and lollipopped so looks really small.

3 Likes

@Tenga I didn’t know that. Crazy man some states u can and some u can’t. I tell ya one of best joints I’ve had. Me and a few buddies made the cross joint from pinnaple express, man it was great. 3 cherries at once, I am talkin weed, let’s keep g rated :joy: So we get them cherry red, and I mean it’s toking down.
At the time, this was years ago, i was attempting to do college, I had rented a small trailer. Literally about the size of a small rv, one of the older ones that if your lady used a hair dryer The Whole house was heated or if you farted in the master room, someone threw up in the living room. We were fried, and still smoking. Then “knock, knock, knock” at the door. Pulled the towel bag and thru the diamond windo of the trailer door i seen my dad and step mom. Now years later I learned he was a smoker too but he hid it from me and my siblings. I heard O shit! And the towel fell back over the window. One buddy was Dating and now married my first cousin, who my dad helped raise and the other boy, his dad was a local dentist, and our dads were friends. We put out the cross joint , and sprayed air freshener and opened the door. When we did smoke poured out. My dad grinned and said to my step mom, hey didnt we need something from Kroger? And walked back out lol :joy:

3 Likes

Here you go!

4 Likes

Lmao. Oh man!!! Funny story!! Gotta go to krogers!!! I can just see the smoke billowing out the door!

What is a crossjoint?

1 Like

Dang man I bet at Halloween he gives out treats as the hulk. Cuz homeboy @kaptain3d doesn’t have a green thumb but two green hands. Dang!! That got to be exciting to see one of those flower and see purple. In the description of seed bank i think it says easy or some like that, Mabe it popped when i filtered as begginer. What does that mean, do
Some require special attention? Absolute beauty kaptain3d my hats off to u

Oh man u should see his whole grow! U will drool fosho bro.
U gotta meet my peeps! The bulldog has grows that’ll make u weep with joy!
@bulldognuts
Dawg, come meet our new friend Baney here. We’ve been talking bugs and stuff.

1 Like

Good memories. I tell you another old good one. Met one of my good smoking buddies at a job I had. My aunt, love her heart, wonderful human being, but she always was lil nosy and didn’t believe in personal space and was anti smoke. She worked the office. My buddy says meet me in park lot. We get in his old work truck and fire it up. O it was wonderful after working all day. We had the truck doors open as it was super hot. With doors open u couldn’t see side mirrors. I took a big hit, I mean I was toking it. Passed it to my buddy. I’m holding it in. At that age thought you had to. Hear gravels crushing he turned seen my aunt, throws it to the floor board of truck and covers it with his foot. I’m thinkin yes crisis adverted. Remeber I said she didn’t know wat personal space was so she is literally right in my face, prob 6” from my cheek. Man I’m
Holding, holding, holding, can’t hold anymore, exhale, booom right into her face, was a hit, a high and a lecture I’ll never forget. Lol
This is a cross joint. It’s kinda waistfull but honestly I think everyone should at Least smoke one in there life.

1 Like

Lmaopimp omg. Thats a great story!!!

Ok where do u light or smoke that cross?

@budbrother u up for this??? We gotta try it!!!

Dude that freaking gif has got me rollin in the floor. That’s my jamb right there. I’m
Gonna walk into that and pull my lightsaber and and have it out with them all. Man learning from legends, that’s wats it’s about. When I think of weed that’s wat i think of pics like that. Beutiful full plants. I can’t even imagine having a huge grow and just walking in and smelling. I can smell my girls outside and I’m out here in t-ball league this is like the majors!

1 Like

A lot of growers on here are new tho. So u fit in just fine! The dawg is on his 4th grow and my captain only his 3rd, i think.
We have a gif thread called monkeys underpants. Ill tag u. Its fun there.

1 Like

U def gotta have a buddy and light all 3 at once, man it’s really great and worth the extra bud. For a good experience with some good buddies. Just make sure you got a towel on door and some air freshener lol :joy:

1 Like