Bug issue any idea what they might be?

1 Like

@Hellraiser @dbrn32

@Drinkslinger @Covertgrower

That my friend is a spider mite…nice camera.

Edit…If you toggle between the pics and say Staying alive…aye aye aye aye… they are the BOrg…you need to Wash Rinse Repeat…a few times to get em gone temporarily.

5 Likes

Yup!
Get out the rubber gloves and the Captain Jacks!

edit: That is a good camera! The little round things are the eggs and they’ll hatch in a few days so another round will be needed…probably more.

3 Likes

Ah! Keep those away! KiILL THEM :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

I’m afraid I believe above posts are correct. Wage war on those little shits. Once you think they are good and dead, kill them some more.

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick response everyone, I dont have any Captain Jacks. But I do have this.

As for the camera

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081RFWHTJ?pf_rd_r=X3CFKHZHCZHNHQFPEWW7&pf_rd_p=8fe9b1d0-f378-4356-8bb8-cada7525eadd&pd_rd_r=a9cc64bb-b154-45ca-afd5-c9687310155e&pd_rd_w=Rn5nF&pd_rd_wg=w9P3c&ref_=pd_gw_unk

I dont know why it is not showing up but here is the link. Found it on amazon.

A 50/50 water and alcohol is good if you have some regular rubbing alcohol

1 Like

Best spider mite pic I’ve ever seen if growing doesn’t work out a career in photography hmmm

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot about Captian Jacks here, I haven’t used it YET. I’ve found the only thing that works for me is Dawn dish soap with water, some :slightly_frowning_face: on that, but it works. As for Azamax it can be used, it helps more of a anti feeding, more for prevention, just an FYI the soap and water is in veg only. And like about posts, once you think you have them gone that’s when you pay really close attention cause the little bastards will come back.

Yep, spider mites.

2 Likes

I successfully killed off mites in 3 treatments.
First I used Garden Safe bug killer, then two rounds of Capt. Jacks Dead Bug separated by 2-3 nights between.
I pulled the plants out of the tent and gave a quick wipe down of the surfaces in the tent with alcohol and water. Sat each plant on a towel and made sure I had on a long sleeve tshirt and sweats - which were immediately placed into the washer post treatment. I put on vinyl gloves and soaked each plant and gently made sure I ran each shoot through my poison soaked hands to ensure the leaves were completely covered top and bottom and returned them to the tent. Skip a night or two and repeat.
Make sure you do it right before lights out - don’t want no burns! Leave fans and exhaust running - which should be the case anyway - to make sure it’s dried up before lights on.

I’ve read several places that mites will quickly adapt to whatever poison you use so it’s important to use at least 2 or even more different types of killer.
To be honest, I don’t know if it was the two different products in conjunction or just the C.Jacks alone as I used C.Jacks caterpillar killer on one of my outside ladies and after 2 treatments never saw another hookah-smoker on my plant.
In fact my hookah will be the next one it sees!!

Beast of Luck ( :rofl:) to you and HGE!!

I have rotated through several sprays using essential oils. Rosemary, Mint, Tea Tree oils mixed with Castile soap using each for three days. Also made sure to get the undersides, soil, pots and tent walls. Smelled like an apothecary.