Bug bomb completed, operation was a success. Now, final onvestment.. DWC x 10 21L or.. 18L x 8 wilma system? Àny first hand experiences with either greatly appreciated

Title says it all, safety and heat and light blackout is what im after, anyone know of a great item? what do you use - cheers guys and gal’s x

1 Like

I put cardboard over my window and surrounded the tent area with tarps (in a basement). Sort of formed a room around the tent with the tarps. When I have a chance I’m going to cut insulation board to fit the window more precisely.

3 Likes

insulation board is a good plan dude. Thanks very much, cardboard is simple too, amazed i didn’t think of it! nice one :slight_smile:

I used a piece of drywall to cover mine. Just another option

Yes @McLovin777 can you please edit out the f word thanks

Could a mod delete it please, i cant do it at the moment - my bad peoplé

All is well im a mod and yes I can take care of it for you :slight_smile: thanks for your cooperation my friend

1 Like

Pleasure bro, was a little inconciderate on people who get butt hurt easily
i guess, wont happen again.

1 Like

I use blackout shades/curtains in my grow room. Works awesome

2 Likes

I use room darking curtains, Eclipse I believe is the brand name, can pick them up at any local housewares dept. Store. I hang them flat against the wall with thumb tacks about every 8 to 10 in. Making sure it is nice and tight and flat against the wall. Doesn’t cause any damage and can easily be moved if need be. I also use one on the inside of my interior door to keep light from leaking in or out for any visitors to see and helps keep the smell inside the room.

1 Like

Me too me too !!!

2 Likes

Like others have said, I built a stand alone room inside my 40x40 shed with a cool air gap between the rooms to prevent heat transference, then setup my grow tents inside this room.

When I was growing inside the house I closed the blinds and put a tight fitting piece of insulation board behind them. Looks like closed blinds from the outside but prevents light and heat from escaping through the window.

Thats worrying as fudge… i think im going to have to get a rhino filter, got a cheapy that came in a kit ya see. Depending on of it sticks during veg/ flower. I reallyyy hope the filter does what it promises.

1 Like

Be careful with that because one can become nose blind, getting used to certain smells or odors, and it will be tough to tell if the filter is working or not. I didn’t buy mine in a kit but I did purchase the cheapest filter I could find due to budget costs and it does the job. It’s nice to have outsiders you can trust for help with this as they won’t be as blind to the odor.

I live with a trustowrthy eperson whos out 560 hours a week, so presumanly she wont get nose blind… the filter the kit came with is big and heavy, plus i can see charcole on it haha so cany be too bad i guess.

that wasn’t necessary to put it that way and you can dress it up but it is just plain rude to speak that way.

try to put a little effort into not typing so much.

1 Like

I find that slightly offensive man, i mean… at the end of the day its a word, and was not directed at anyone or in any way a vicious attempt to disturb the peace. So i stand by what i said, if you get upset over the use of a word that quite frankly is on our minds most of the time, then bully for you i guess.

@McLovin777, @kabongster both of you stop, this issue has been addressed move on stop carrying it out no need for a response just do the respectful thing for the forum and move on

Thanks kind regards,
Majiktoker ilgm staff/grow mentor

1 Like

True that, no hard feeling @kabongster <3

2 Likes

Sounds like are set up is almost identical to one another the way we make it ! Put up a tarp tent and then put a tent in it and cardboard over the windows

1 Like