Budwash Need some opinions

I’m going to harvest some Buds in the next couple of weeks, I see the advantage of washing Buds but have never done it, probably Smoked a lot of insect :poop: so I do like the idea, some people claim it destroyed the taste, I’m going to roll the dice and do it :cricket:

4 Likes

My experience has been that improper drying and curing will affect taste and smell. I’ve never had a negative experience washing my buds with a 5% H2O2 solution. I wash mine as soon as I harvest and have done only a rough trim.

1 Like

I have seen some YouTube videos and it looks like I been missing out, I never really thought about so much dirt and bug’s are in the Buds, guess I smoked a lot of bug shit🦗

I was surprised how much crap discolors the water when I do my washes, and I maintain a pretty clean environment in my tents. Dust, bugs, and other things I suppose. The trichs being so sticky attracts a lot of stuff to the flowers.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m all outdoor

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 is a bud wash advocate and has a lot of experience with it too. Let’s ask him to weigh in as well.

2 Likes

That’s sounds like a game plan Thanks

Great looking flowers, btw.

1 Like

Thanks I have OG Kush, Super Skunk and Amnesia Haze, ILGM outdoor mix

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of washing buds. Peroxide & just a little dish detergent (very little). Submerge & agitate very gently. Put some sort of screen or grill on top to hold them under water for 2-3 minutes (kill any living critters). Agitate again, move to rinse (clean water). Rinse well by again a gentle agitation, then remove & allow to drain well before moving to drying area/rack.

If outdoors, you will be amazed at the stuff left in the water, & you will want to change out water fairly often depending on the size of your harvest.

4 Likes

Awe yeah I seen a few videos on YouTube, That rinse had bug crap mold live and dead bug’s, thing’s you never seen coming from inside the Buds, I’m definitely washing mine I have a big outdoor harvest to make, I appreciate your input man :sunglasses:

Peroxide only. No soap!

I found it enhances aroma and greatly increases shelf life.

4 Likes

What I seen come from the Buds is Definitely a wash for me, There’s Bug’s you never see inside there not to mention dirt and mold! I guess it won’t kill you , I would have been dead many years ago!

1 Like

I started doing an h2o2 bath at harvest a couple years ago. I’ll need some strong evidence to get me to stop. The amount of stuff that comes off my plants is shocking.

I do believe you lose something when washing, just because the bins I dump out afterwards stink up my driveway for a couple days. Do I notice a difference when I smoke? No.

Also, You don’t need soap. H2o2 works great by itself.

3 Likes

Me too. I would think an indoor grow would be pretty clean. I don’t think I’d do an outdoor grow at all without washing.

1 Like

You’d think. But there are always bugs pooping, nesting, laying eggs. Not to mention dust or any residue from foliar spraying.

It’s a Wake up call for me, I been Smoking weed for a long time, and what I grew I smoked without a wash, I guess I smoked all kinds of Bug’s live and dead

Smoking toad (DMT) is fun. ROFL.

2 Likes