Buds not filling in?

I am having an issue/concern with my buds not filling in and looking sparse. I have used Techniflora fert as per the chart and added some stalk silica from Emerald. I have been in 12/12 light and fert schedule for flower for about 5 weeks and should be getting close to harvest by thIs time. Im fairly sure its too late for this crop but have another 3-4 weeks behind it. I am growing LSD

Pictures? Calyx won’t usually start swelling until a couple of weeks before harvest (6 to 8 weeks for most varieties.)

1 Like

Buds not fattening up?

Some basic reasons:

Genetics
Nutrient issues
Lack of light
Timing (after flipping lights to 12/12 it’s usually 7-14 days before they start flowering. You do not start counting until the flowering begins. Then it’s usually 8-12 weeks before they’re done).

Pics and a support ticket will help give better advice

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

2 Likes

Sorry I posted this a little early. I’ll get some pix when I get home tonight. I started these plants 2/14. Just for reference. I left them In seed/Veg until 3/28(6weeks) now its 5/4 so Im 4 weeks in flower so if I need more time thats fine. The plants are getting sticky, n I have lots of white hairs that seem like are starting to turn on me and im afraid im close to being done.

Im running a 400w hps with a new Bulb and only 4 plants at about 24”. Fert, water, water cycle(again Techniflora chart schedule)

1 Like

Sorry. Always ph to 5.9-6.2 ish. Although with thIs fert there has never been much need to adjust PH. Co2 has been maintained ~1000Ppm for the last 5 weeks. Humidity @ ~50-60%. Temp has been tough as late. 70-75 was easy but added a 2nd light and it has been running warmer 77-80.

![image|375x500](upload://AuVe62x363rbJ6o7q9zIDszkcRL.jpeg

1 Like

At this point the co2 doesn’t matter, as long as you’ve got fresh air exchange.

Temps are fine. Rh is fine.

The plants have a lot of stretch and node spacing. Some leaves appear to only have 1-3 leaves. I’m assuming you were vegging under the hps, that will lengthen them and cause this. Many people use a MH (bluer) bulb for veg and switch to hps for flowering.

4 plants under a 400w light? What size space? Good thing you’ve added another.

It’s hard to tell under the yellow lighting, but I don’t see any deficiencies. Mayyybe a touch of clawing fro too much nitrogen.
Your pH seems low if you’re in soil, if coco it’s not terrible.j

If I were to use the pics as a guesstimate of flowering, I’d put you at week 1. I’d give her a good 4-5 weeks before I began worrying about bud size.

1 Like

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
ILGM- LSD

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Hubbold- Happy Frog
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
2- 3 gal plastic and 5 gal fabric
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
5.8-6.2 in Techniflora fert solution. W-W-F cycle.
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
NA. I dont do ppm on water or ec.
• Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor.

• Light system
2-1800w led and 400w MH for 6weeks and 4 weeks On 400w hps
• Temps; Day, Night
6 weeks 18/6. 4 weeks 12/12

• Humidity; Day, Night. ~50%

• Ventilation system; yes. 200 cfm 8 hrs a day.

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Humidifier. Yes. Ac no. Temp been 74-80

• Co2; Yes, No
[/quote] yes. ~1000 ppm

I concur. If your light flip was only 4 weeks ago they are just starting. They will swell.
IMG_20200321_223820_01

3 Likes

I would get your runoff pH up to ~6.5. P and K uptake is reduced when you start getting around 6.0 and less. You mentioned your pH going in, but not coming out. Salt buildup can become an issue over time and if present will keep your soil pH too low. You can get a feel for where it is by measuring runoff pH.

Suggest measuring PPMs. You may be under or over feeding your plants.

The extra CO2 isn’t doing your plant any good given your lighting. You’ll need to have a very high lighting intensity for the plant(s) to utilize CO2 beyond normal levels of 450-500. You’ll need to double or triple your lighting for the extra CO2 to be utilized by your girls. I would ditch the CO2 and focus on pH and PPM.

She will still fill in quite a bit when you get later into flowering.

1 Like

Seems like your plants are getting more than 12 hours of light.

Oh I thought he was in coco lol. :man_facepalming:t3::man_shrugging:t3: Oops lol. For reference;
This one started 5 weeks ago

This one 3 weeks ago

2 Likes

Sometimes external factors can prevent marijuana plants from flowering properly. Don’t worry, we have a guide on our website about what to do when your marijuana plants won’t flower.

You can find more information on how to speed up the flowering of outdoor marijuana plants here.

We suggest you to check both links because they contain some helpful advice and techniques that you might find useful for yourself!