Buds full of seeds, ILGM white widow photo

Just did my 2nd grow and my 2nd harvest, all for the results not only to be roughly the same, but even worse.

My ILGM white widow photo that I harvested last week not only smells like straight up lawn grass, just like my last grow, but after curing it for a couple weeks I went to grind it up today only for my grinder to be loaded with seeds.

I know it was stressed out because we had a ton of power outages as usual (the main reason I’m sticking to autos from now on) but I couldn’t tell any signs of a hermie during the grow. So, I have a couple questions:

1. Is my grow area contaminated with pollen? I just started a new grow in my tent and hoping it’s not too late if it is

2. Why do my plants and buds always smell like grass? I know it’s not a drying issue because I dry in 55% humidity, 60 degrees fahrenheit and very little airflow, usually takes over a week for the stems to get fragile enough. The problem is that my plants never smell good even in late flowering - they either have a grassy smell in flowering or no smell at all. How do I even get my plants to smell like, eh, weed?

I feel like giving up, all I want is a decent smokeable crop and I keep getting stuff that smells and tastes like it’s coming right out of a lawn mower, on top of that it’s loaded with seeds

Have you ever grown anything other than this batch of ww photos? Tell us about your grow briefly. Medium, nutrients, light?

1 Like

Few questions first:
Are your lights strong enough for quality dense buds?
Are you harvesting too early?
Are you able to grow in an environment where you can control the atmosphere
totally? No light interruptions, good heat management, soil and vitamin consistency?

1 Like

Nope. This is the only batch I’ve ever grown. Everything was grown in FFOF, using FF trio nutes. Under SpiderFarmer SF2000 lights. Here’s what they looked like right before flowering:

The one on the left didn’t make it and the one on the right barely made it. I have one oscillating fan in there along with the AC infinity cloudlike inline fan. I really have no idea what I’m doing wrong, I’m monitoring the ph and ppm in the soil constantly too.

1 Like

Okay, can I see your harvested buds or photos right before harvest?

" they either have a grassy smell in flowering or no smell at all. How do I even get my plants to smell like, eh, weed?"

This is tripping me out. I’ve grown a bunch of plants now. Only ONE did not stink in flower. And surprise the smoke sucked.

See above. I believe the SpiderFarmer SF2000 lights is good enough for one plant. I harvested this 12 weeks into flower, I would have went longer but when I flushed it, it started wilting. Makes me feel like I should have never flushed it because it looked and smelled way better before I did that.

I have the humidity and temps under control too.

This is the most recent one I took, this was a month before I harvested

It’s beyond frustrating that they always smell like grass in flowering no matter what I do

1 Like

So yeah those pictures are nowhere near ready. But even at that point they should wreak.

1 Like

FFOF has enough nutes to feed for 5-8 weeks. You shouldn’t be giving them anything but pH’ed
water until week 5-8.

Ignore PPM and focus ONLY on PH because the FFOF is a hot soil (which is great for us
noobs) and you should cruise control to flower flip.

I’ve also experienced a very grassy flavor of smoke my first harvest BUT I made more mistakes than I’d like to admit too.
This current grow is WAY WAY different for me.

1 Like

Well yeah, that was 9 weeks or so into flowering during that pic, like I said I would have went longer but it started wilting and smelling even worse

1 Like

I think you need to grow out some different beans. Ilgm genetics are good. I have a few going right now. But whose to say your batch is good?

Like if your saying they never smelled like weed. Somethings off. I have plants in veg right now that stink up close.

1 Like

yeah I know, I think if anything I underfed it, do you think overfeeding causes the plant to lose its smell?

I was thinking the same thing. Despite all my mistakes as a beginner it couldn’t be this hard to make a marijuana plant smell like marijuana, I’m just confused

1 Like

Dude I’ve overfed, underfed, too high temps, too close with light, humidity too high etc. Etc. Etc. And like I said all but one smelled great. Somethings way off imho if they aren’t even smelling in mid flower. And something more than noob abuse

1 Like

Yeah I figured man, something feels off, I think next grow I’m gonna start over with some different beans from a different bank…I been meaning to do that anyway.

1 Like

Keep us posted on what u find out. I am intrigued by this. My 2 I grow at week 5 stink so bad I have to hook up my carbon filter. And the seed issue is not that uncommon. There always is a chance for are fem plants to be Hermes. It is easy to spot. There are plenty of people with more knowledge then me here. Dont give up we all have gotten frustrated.

1 Like

If your plants lose smell, they are not developing as they should. The smell should increase
from veg to harvest significantly. If you had the smell vanish on you, that’s a development issue
and something seriously went wrong.

1 Like

Will do…I’m doing an auto grow now (ILGM white widows again) so I’ll see if I have the same issue I did on my last 2. They just sprouted today so here’s to hoping for the best. Thanks for the encouragement

also @PhillyRock you’re most likely right, just to be safe this time around I’m going to wait till they start flowering before I think about using nutes, and even then I’ll be monitoring the runoff ppm as usual and this time I’m only gonna feed 1/4 strength the entire way through. I feel like nothing is going to change but here’s to hoping anyway.

1 Like

Less is more with nutes til you get a good feel. Hungry plants cannibalize a few leaves. Toxic plants throw all sorts of fits.

1 Like

yep, I didn’t believe it at first till I scorched one of my plants last grow (mistaked it for N deficiency) and it was basically impossible to fix no matter how much clean water I gave it. I don’t wanna have to go through that again

1 Like