Buds formed, but not growing bigger. Also Yellowing leaves

We bought 5 auto-flowering seeds Grand Daddy Purple. Started indoors and then moved outdoors in pots. We live in NE Georgia in Zone 7a. 4 of our plants aren’t looking good at all, but the one big one that seemed very promising has quite a few buds on it, but they aren’t growing bigger. Now more leaves are yellowing. Here’s pics of my buds and plant. Maybe a Nitrogen issue? Hard to determine why the buds aren’t getting bigger.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! If possible fill out the support ticket will help With a little background. Another member will come along and post one up for you shortly. Frist plant definitely looked a little weird. (Genetics )

1 Like

Here is a support ticket. Welcome to the community :blush::v:

ccb77b8383bf00478e88641e71e00963c013c704.png

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • • Indoor or Outdoor
  • • Light system
  • • Temps; Day, Night
  • • Humidity; Day, Night
  • • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • • Co2; Yes, No
1 Like

Your foxtailing because of stress the yellowing is also causes from nitro burn and stress. You have a major bug problem. That’s what is stressing the plant. Plus auto flowers are done after 12 week max so the longer you grow a auto won’t help you

1 Like

Also looks like you have calcium issues for mg on which in return is caused stress which has caused foxtailing. You might wanna check for bud rot

Being Noobies to growing weed, many terms are unfamiliar to us. What is Foxtailing? You say my one plant has nitro burn … how does that happen? And bugs??? Where do you see bugs??? And how to tell if bugs got to it. Many questions and we’re still learning.

Not sure about foxtailing. But I don’t keep up with some of the terms.

Bugs make holes. If you see holes in the leaves it’s because of bugs.

The dried edges and curled leaves are sure signs of mineral deficiency and most likely too much plant food. Nitrogen burn.

I think I see overwatering as well.

Too much of a good thing is worse than not enough. Always start with a good vegetable soil with some dolomite and don’t add anything until you see trouble.

In a pot you will need to feed but maybe once a month just feed when they are hungry.

A healthy plant will be able to protect itself from pests, to an extent of course. But once stressed the bugs will move in and things go down hill.

One more thing. If you change the growing environment you need to ease into the new area. Going from indoors to outdoors is a giant shock. Try it yourself. Go sleep on the patio tonight. :slight_smile:

Next time get some veggie soil add a little bit of garden lime. Not construction lime. It’s in the gardening section. Dolomite.

Then watch and wait. Don’t jump to conclusions if you see small problems wait for the plant. Then adjust. only bugs and mold will kill it overnight so give it a week. If it’s not pests or mold. Look at the underside of leaves for eggs or mites and dig in the soil to look for ants or other critters.

Anyway gardening of all types takes time to learn. I’ve been growing for 30+ years and learn something every season.

@Chifloe is right, the hardest part of growing is caring to much, it stresses you and the plant. Good soil, and proper water is key. Your girls will tell you when and what they want. One way to tell you have overwatered is the tips of the leaves will turn brown. Get yourself a good PH and EC meter. That will get you on the right track for water quality and food. There are a lot of good videos on you tube that will take you through the right steps. One thing to remember is like Chifloe stated ease your girls into a new environment a little at a time, remember they have been sheltered with no wind and a stable environment. :sunglasses: :+1:

Try repotting it with some good Organic Soil, The Buds look good to Me , if that doesn’t help Harvest and Enjoy :dash::dash::moyai: