Buds feel soft?

Im on my 2nd day of drying would be the 3rd at 12am but i checked temps to see if it was correct and i felt my buds and they feel soft is this normal? would they harden up after it’s properly dried?

Temp-72
Humidity- 55%

2 Likes

Takes a week or more to get em dry enough to jar for the cure. What happens when you deprive a plant from water? It wilts right? If you slowly move air over it and deprive it of moisture eventually it dries out.

1 Like

@408stoner Be careful if you dry it too fast it will lose its smell and taste. Best to not rush drying time.
You’ve put in too much work to rush now.
Temp n humidity is good. Don’t push too much air thru the room or you will speed drying.
The dry n cure needs ample time to break down the chlorophyll. If the plant dries too much before you can do that you will taste the chlorophyll when you smoke it and your jar might end up smelling like cut grass instead of dank bud. @Cannabian is absolutely right, it should take 7days or more to dry. Which means if you need to raise the humidity in the room to extend your drying time then do that. Nothing about drying/cure is written in stone except the science behind time.
Just keep the room under 65%humidity as you don’t want to promote mold growth

3 Likes

Pics will help us help you.

1 Like

Dont get too eager to smoke your weed. After a week or so you can smoke it but it wont be half as good as a couple months of curing. Sure you will get high, but the smoke will taste like hay and be harsh. Once the chlorophyll is gone and the terpenes have cured your true flavour will come out.

2 Likes

@Cannabian so true. :grin::grin::grin: I mean I always steal one bud before the cure our of pure excitement but patience is key… spot on cannabian, :grin: love the name btw.

4 Likes

Just came to me!?

2 Likes

I went back and looked at your past post and saw that you use yueme 1500w led grow light. One of the major factors in bud density is the quality of your light. There’s a good chance that your buds will remain spongy. While there are other factors that contribute to bud development lights are top of the list. You should seriously consider upgrading lights. If you do upgrade there’s several options you can consider. Many people on forum like Horticultural Lighting Group. Another is Budget Led. Or you can consider going with a DIY Light. You can actually build a light for less and get a better light than you can get retail. The main point is you invest your time, effort and money into growing you need to invest into quality lights. There are lighting threads on here you should take the time to check them out. You should avoid buying lights off Amazon, there are alot of knockoffs on Amazon, they maybe quality or maybe junk. I’m going to put up a picture of a bud that was grown with a Budget Led light it’s dense and sticky. If this is what you’re looking for, upgrade your lights.

9 Likes

yea was planning on buying the qb kit forgot whichever one it was but this was just a test run to have the feeling of growing and stuff.

3 Likes

theres a fan in there NOT directly to the buds but just circulating, but my temps seem fine correct? i should be fine, and i still need to buy the jars to cure

1 Like

I try for 10 days but usually end up at 7 or 8 before putting in the jar. I don’t have anything elaborate; just a guest room and a nylon hanging rack with fan. 55%/65F is ideal in my climate. I also incorporate a few clear sterilite tubs with lids that I can bring the (partially dried) flower into and run air across the top with the lid cracked which helps a bunch. Periodically I will allow the flower to ‘rest’ with the lid on and a hygrometer inside over night to determine how close I am to dry. 62% is my target.

I also believe the prep you do ahead of drying like water-only, low RH, darkness, and a bud wash.

7 Likes

burly on my 3rd day ill just let it do its thing

2 Likes

Mine usually dries out from 7 to 10 days. Then I put them in jars and start the curing process.

1 Like

I have to add humidity to extend my drying time to 7 days. It’s so dry here, 10-20% RH on average, my buds dry out in 4 says if I don’t. If I don’t push it to 7 days sometimes I will get that fresh cut green smell in my cure. Unacceptable… lol :rofl::sunglasses:

1 Like

yea i wouldn’t want my 1st grow to smell like grass LOL

1 Like

opened my closet grow and humidity is 30% :frowning: for some reason smh sprayed some water on the floor hopefully it rises up.

1 Like

If your bud is drying too fast and you can’t get to 7 days, don’t push the dry. just jar it earlier and cure longer. You would rather extend the cure then overdry.
But if you jar it earlier it’s very important to use the meters, so you can see where you are at, if they are too wett you will have to open them more often in the beginning.

3 Likes

A wet towel will raise the humidity if you’re still having issues. :wink::+1::v:

2 Likes

yea thats what i did . 100% a humidifier for next run.

2 Likes