Buds dont seem to fill out

So its my second grow and the buds dont seem to fill out. Is it coz of the leds? i have a jewelry loop to look at the trichomes and there still clear but pistils are all orange and crueld its week 6 for this grow. The first grow was WW and it looked the same the colas werent real big i didnt have a jewelry loop to check but im sure it was early but again all pistils were orange and cruled in any help cheers

I dont know the strains
4x4 tent
1200w Viperspecter
4"can fan
Dehumidifier
30cm oscillating fan at top of tent , 6" floor fan

3 Likes

I’m guessing you mean 6 weeks in to flower if so WW can do 10 weeks before its ripe .How hot is it inside your tent on avg.

The ww went for 10 weeks but didnt fill out
And yeah its currently in week 6 between 20 and 26 and humidity 40 to 65

They look real good do you mean there not getting sugary or there fluffy foxtailing i think they call it

I think it’s the lighting. With that size space you should have at least 800 true watts from your light. What is the true watt power of that light? Plus maybe the distance from your girls is an issue as well. Let’s bring in an expert @dbrn32.

3 Likes

There are too many potential causes for the problem you are having. Let’s start with a support ticket. Please be as complete as possible. If it asks what soil you’re using it’s helpful to tell us WHAT soil for example lol.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good thinking!

@HJL, a quick inspection of that light shows relatively low par values per watt, and as with most of the vipars, fairly low intensity in red wavelengths. So I believe you’ve pointed at least a potential contributor. Couple that with a single light source in that big of space, I’d say it has a lot to do with bud development.

I’d also like to add that it seems early in grow to have cloudy trichs. Why it’s stopped producing pistils completely is probably not light related, unless maybe it was ran way to close coupled with heat damage. It appears to have sativa like characteristics, which tend to make a couple of different pushes in pistil production in my experience. So let’s see how the rest of the grow appears.

3 Likes

Node spacing is large which validates your lighting concerns.

Nutrients, pests, conditions all could be the proximate cause of the OP’s question.

4 Likes

I concur, could be a lot to this one.

2 Likes

I would say not enough light myself plus light looks hi

2 Likes

Thanks so far i will put it up again with the support ticket. the true watt is 526 it said the core coverrage would do 4x4 and the height they recommended was 18" should i go lower

1 Like

@Impala64 welcome to the forum
That light should be more than enough to grow some nice buds
Especially in a 4x4 tent
Looking at your picture tbey look young when you look at the pistols are you looking in natural light the leds can make the pistols look red or orange
Can tou post a picture in natural light
Also filling out support ticket will help us judge what going on in the tent lol
You can probably lower the light a little but 12 inches would be the lowest
The light will be more focused the lower you go so watch plants closely if you decide to lower
If week six in flower did yiu count the two weeks of streach they don’t count as flowering weeks fyi

2 Likes

Thanks i have done a new topic with a support ticket ok i didnt know that the strech wasnt included in the flowering weeks and when should u start the flush of ph water week 6

1 Like

Flush one to two weeks before harvest
I don’t go by a calander myself @Impala64
I harvest by visual indicators that the plant is finished
The times given are general guide lines
To give you a general idea how long it takes
I also just stop feeding and use ph water the last two weeks and allow plants to finish
But no actual flush is done myself
Some will flush plant two weeks ouu then just water ?

1 Like

8 to 12 weeks from light flip , depending on strain and grow techniques and how well your able to control your environment… :wink:
You might not be letting them flower long enough to put on weight… the last 3 weeks is when they pack on the weight… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Any tips,tricks on getting more pistols and trichs. And how to make bigger buds and stems and how to make more snowy like sticky buds @Countryboyjvd1971 thanks for your time @irma1010

@irma1010 tag me into your thread and let me see what your working with
There are many techniques that will increase yield and I’d be happy to share a few with you on your thread

How do I tag

1 Like

Sorry @irma1010
Just saw this
Place the @ symbol in front of the user name
Like I did with yours above
Easy breezy lol

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like