Buds are loose, is my lighting a factor

From a fellow grower: I have a Mars hydro ts 1000 grow light and for some reason I can not get big tight buds is it me the grower or is it my lights

1 Like

Need to up the numbers on your lighting. The TS 1000 was my first light. I’ve upgraded since then and plan to get an even better light. Maybe something from HLG…

3 Likes

Depends on the area and amount of plants if a small 2x2 area and one plant trained low and done well that light should do ok for a single small plant. Think 40 to 50 watts per SQ foot of space to make a good grow.

2 Likes

Welcomed to the community like @oldmarine said air bud is two factor on that light and nutrients but more watts on ligtg more rock bud you get

2 Likes

Even my mars hydro ts2000 comes up a little short in the tight nugg category. My hid lights do a little better but my hlg 350r lights are right on. I haven’t got to run my 600r’s yet. Your light will give you smoke able weed but if you want the heavy dense nuggs gotta up the lighting.

1 Like

How many watts is a ts1000? 100 watts? If so one plant with the light directly over it is about all it’s good for and even then you can’t expect too much

1 Like

I’ve got an Hlg 600rspec in a 4x4… You’re going to love it.

1 Like