Budding too early?

A question from a fellow grower:

I SPROUTED THE SEEDS UNDER CFL , FOR 24 HR OF LIGHT FOR THE FIRST MONTH . THEN IN 5 GALLON POTS PUT THEM WHERE THEY GET FULL SUN FROM 12 TO 6 NOT SHADED , BUT A BIG DIFFERANCE IN LIGHT .i THINK THEY ARE CLOSE TO 2 MONTHS OLD. THEY ARE W.W AND BUDDING NOW. IS IT TOO EARLY? SHOULD I MOVE THEM FOR MORE LIGHT OR LEAVE THEM NOW THEY ARE BUDDING. WILL MORE LIGHT SET THEM BACK TO VEG. IT DOES NOT GET COLD UNTIL NOV.IN N.C.

You don’t need cold for good results, usually just 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness for flowers. Some strains will show sex early, “pre-flowers”. If this is the case, don’t worry, the little pistillate showing will not get bigger and more numerous and continue to grow and swell like they do during flowering. If these are true flowers, then yes giving the plant more uninterrupted light, much more than 12 hours of light, will cause the plant to go back into a vegetative state and grow new branches. If you are not worried about the overall size of the plant not being big enough, then let it flower, the quality of the buds will be very good as long as everything else is being done right.

Why would you ever want to stop a plant from continuing to flower? You are there. Nurture the plant. you get a quality grow under your belt. Next time; You might do a couple things differently.