Bud washing in buckets

I’ve been reading a fair bit about washing buds with lemon juice, h2o2 and baking soda all in separate buckets. Can it all be done in one bucket then rinsed off or is there any advantage to doing it on an individual basis

2 Likes

I use lemon juice and baking soda in the first 5g bucket and just plain water in the other two 5g buckets. I would imagine if you are going to use H202 that would be it’s own separate bucket. So maybe do lemon juice and baking soda then the h202 bucket then rinse in the last two. @Davyg

3 Likes

I’ve been doing bud washes for years and only use peroxide. Per the Jorge Cervantes method of washing. 1 cup of 3% in a 5 gallon bucket for 6 to 8 minutes then rinse.

7 Likes

@Noctis420 thank you for the tips.
@Myfriendis410 I watched that video and its spot on. Thank you both for getting back to me :sunglasses:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hydrogen peroxide? Or lemon juice and baking soda ? @Tinman

Hydrogen peroxide and water then straight water rinse

3 Likes

I apologize for bringing back this slightly older thread, but I thought this was a good place to add my question for when others search for bud washing.
@Myfriendis410 I’m going to try this for the first time pretty in about a month. I’m curious about your drying method. It’s 35°F here right now, so I won’t be doing it outside, like Jorge.
So, just briefly… open room, closet, warm, ambient, direct fan, how long, etc. I even pondered a hair dryer to speed things up as long as I was gentle with it.
Any tips you have are appreciated.

3 Likes

Can you string a couple of lines over the bathtub? You could hang in there to drip dry before going into whatever drying area you have set up. I do mine on a line strung along our pavilion outside but really any way you can hang and let dry to the touch will work. (35F sucks, lol)

2 Likes

Okay, thanks. I mainly wanted to know if you had a particular/specialized environment for the drying process. It sounds like - just hang it wherever works.

1 Like

I’ll be doing the same in a couple of days. I did this with extremely dwarfed plants with no problems. But the bigger plants I’m going to put in front of a fan like he did until there is no drip or water droplets on the vegetation. Then into the closest to continue drying

1 Like

The bud wash is complete. Put in front of the fan upside down until no longer wet to the touch and then into the dry closet.

1 Like

I used a mesh rack suspended under my exhaust fan. The rh coming from my tent is around 50-55 so I figured it was ideal for removing most of the moisture before putting it into dry and cure

1 Like

Would it still be safe with abnormally large buds? I worry about em retaining to much water on the outside

3 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve run 20 pounds of green plant material through the bud wash in a 3 day harvest extravaganza (never again!) with no problem getting drip dry.

5 Likes

Should be fine. Whatever you do, do not shake the plant under water. Made that mistake once and the plant was pretty much wasted. Lost all smell and stickiness, one too many glasses of Jack.

2 Likes

That sounds like a nightmare lol i spent 8 hrs a few weeks ago and for the first time in my life i did not want to play with bud anymore lmao this is my first grow and my last plant to harvest is a monster… yields more alone than my others combined i haven’t washed of my plants yet either this ones just so big i wanna make sure idont mess it up…oooohhhh would i hate myself lol

3 Likes

If you are out door I would make sure I always do a bud wash, even indoors can have an accumulation of skin cells, hairs etc. I also believe there is a lot more mildew that makes it through harvest than we really know and this definitely helps maintain ‘freshness’.

3 Likes

I grow indoors and had a spider mite infestation so I washed the lot. I was very aware of the soggy bud syndrome. I rinsed in fresh water (these guys guided me through it, just like they’re doing with you) then into my H2O2 then a fresh water rinse. They were drip dried, then onto my drying racks with no problems at all. Trust these guys they know exactly what they’re doing. One of the freshest harvests I’ve had and my lot loved it. They were baying for more. Just remember to keep your air moving while your drying and you will be fine :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks for the vid.

2 Likes