BUD WASHING... help!

Been washing (with lemon juice baking soda mix) most of the plant but the process is such a pain in the ass after Trimming everything. Im harvesting now and it just rained for two days straight… is it necessary to wash after being rained on? See pics

4 Likes

Necessary no, recommended yes. Bud washing will help remove harmfull contaminants that might be hiding in the bud.

I use hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup peroxide/5 gallons water. I trim one branch, let it sit in the peroxide water, while I trim another. After a few minutes I rinse in just plain water.

7 Likes

@Dave101 After the H2O2 bath and water rinse do you dry the branch off with anything? Or just hang it? I’m a first-timer. And I’m wondering if I should wash everything, then trim off fan leaves?

1 Like

Hang them and blow a fan for a couple of hours to dry the water and prevent mold formation.

Nice buds!

3 Likes

@Sharky Ok so what I did was trim off all the fan leaves, then give the buds a quick trim. From there into the peroxide wash, then after a few minutes water rinse. Once im done rinsing ill give the branches a gentle shake to get all the excess water off, then onto the coat hangers to dry.

My dry room has a dehumidifier set to 55-60 RH, I also have a fan in the room, not blowing directly on the bud, just for air movement in the room.

This is what mine looked like after the wash and trim

9 Likes

Those are beautiful @Dave101!

1 Like

I really appreciate that :v:

1 Like

Boom !! :bomb: those look awesome

3 Likes

@Dave101 Those ARE beautiful! I only have 4 plants. Once they are washed, for a drying space, all I can figure out is to use my home office room. I do plan to watch the temperature and humidity as they dry. And this room is dark when I’m not working there, but likely 2-5 hours/day I’ll have the lights on. What sorts of problems am I risking with this plan? Thank you so much for your guidance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Sharky If your watching your humidity and temperature, I think you’ll be just fine. A lot of people on here have dried with the lights on, and say the outcome was the same.

@FlxerPower @Axemanjake23 @Bobbydigital What are your thoughts on this?

Aw sweet! Thanks @Dave101!

1 Like

I have the same out come light or dark. Some guys swear by dark but I dont have that option Available all the time

1 Like

Yeah, I dried half my plant in my flowering room (12/12 lights) and the other half in my dark drying tent. I have the jars labeled to know which is which and that’s the only way I can tell the difference. Mind you, this is the results of only one experiment. I’m going to continue testing to see if it was a one off result or a result that replicates.

2 Likes

@Bobbydigital I hope to hear more about your experiment. Thanks for encouraging me. :pray: