Bud wash or not? Indoor autos

I’ll be chopping my ilgm gorilla glues in the next day or 2. Ive never done a bud wash before but I’m thinking it’s a good habit to get into, especially since I have one of those crappy humidifiers that get white dust all over everything.
So am I good with the 3 bucket system of 1/4 cup lemon juice and baking soda in the 1st, then just clean water in the next 2? I read that some use hydrogen peroxide as well but I thought that was more for wpm
Thanks, Pin

2 Likes

I have honestly never heard of this before. Where did you learn about washing the buds? I’m interested to see how people respond to this post.

1 Like

Use the search bar here and there’s also some YouTube videos. It’s a fairly common practice. If it’s wasn’t for my crappy humidifier spewing white powder all over everything I might skip it

I wash all my bud no matter what. Just to b safe. I do a cup and a half of peroxide in a 5 gallon bucket of ro water and 2 buckets of plain ro water. Soak buds for a few minutes in the first then let drip off most way do second let drip off do third let drip off. Then i put them directly infront of a fan on high til they r not wet feeling to the touch at the bottom part of the lowest buds make sure they r not super wet before u take them from the fan.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised at how much hair and minor junk gets trapped in your buds , I always wash my indoor girls .

2 Likes

This.

I always wash mine with a 5% peroxide and RO solution. It’s amazing how much crap will come off of your buds.

2 Likes

Hey @Pinboy – Just curious as I’m in about day 92 of GG Auto’s and they still need time. What day are you at if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

We’re close. I’ll tell you exactly When I get home and check my notes

1 Like

@Pinboy wow nice lookin plant! Im just a few weeks into 5 gorilla glue autos and i hope they look like that!!!

2 Likes

@OooWee1184 They will be at 85 days from soil break when I chop them tomorrow. They were an easy grow

Thanks Jam, I wish they would’ve vegged a bit more. They started pre-flower at just under 3 weeks which kept them smaller than I was anticipating. I’m gonna run a batch of gsc autos next then I think I’m switching to photos.

I’ve been a strong advocate for doing a bud wash in peroxide. Unless you filter your input air, the plants have picked up an amazing amount of hair and skin cells and dust and whatnot. Not to mention potential for WPM residing inside flower where you can’t see it. Flower once cured lasts longer before degrading and it lifts a great aroma off the plant material.

This is one plant grown indoors:

Here’s the Jorge Cervantes video:

6 Likes

Thanks Myfriend, I picked up the supplies this afternoon. Tomorrow is chop,wash and hang to dry day!

2 Likes

85 days?? Commmme on. I’m on like day 94 and still not ripe.

Yep, 85 days and there’s more amber than I really like. My last batch of ww autos were almost 110-115 days. You’ll get there, for me this is the worst part as far as being impatient goes

1 Like

Saw ur post. Im 76 days in and still need time

2 Likes

@Pinboy Are you sick of family/friends asking ‘wait, is it ready yet??? When’s it going to be ready? Does it always take this long?’ I feel like I get one of those questions every day haha.

1 Like

Lol, just wait! There’s more waiting…gotta cure it too. There’s quite a difference in stuff thats only cured a few weeks compared to some that’s cured for 2 months.

1 Like

Crap, really? My ass aint gonna be able to wait lol. I was going to let them hang dry and then straight to the pipe lol. THC doesn’t keep increasing as it cures, does it? More for smell, texture?

Curing helps with all of it. Taste,smell,smoothness,potency etc… doesn’t mean you can’t dip into it but you’ll notice a huge difference between bud that’s 2 weeks cured compared to 2 months cured. The waiting sucks but it’s worth it