Bud wash entire plant

There you go …glad someone else came along

1 Like

Im seeing issues with having enough room to hang a dry properly. Usually can just use my grow tent with a different fan setup but there is not going to be room after a wash to hang all 4 plants.

1 Like

I’m sure you’d rather not …but I made a wardrobe box and it’s working alright

1 Like

Looking Good @Lacewing

1 Like

Thank you

Is this an indoor plant? If so, and you havent sprayed anything on your buds, dont wash it. Just hang it! All will be fine. If you are growing outdoor and have bug shit and dust etc all over your plant. You need to cut branches off and dunk em. Ill be doing that with mine this year because of the forest fires and a bad aphid problem.
The difference in quality from hanging the plant whole and hanging branches is negligible. You wont be able to discern from the two. It boils down to handling and convenience. Hanging an entire plant ensures the buds dont dry too fast, because the water seeps out of the stalk. Beyond that you can control that to some degree anyways which makes that moot.

Anyway, how would I hang these to dry as a whole plant? :laughing: aint goona happen.

3 Likes

Haha sam yeah you’d be having probs hanging that in it’s entirety …
I was outdoors and looking to bud wash on the plant then chop it and hang it …

In the end both plants went out this way
Much easier
I had pests and thier predators so I needed to be thorough and I was agressive dipping

4 Likes

Hey that looks like a pretty good spread right there buddy.

So what do you do with the bud wash water after you are done? Just use to water flowers, etc?

1 Like

I didn’t use H202 just lemon juice and baking soda …
I dumped it into a mulch bed with no flowers in it beneath my deck where I grew them and washed them lol

That’s so smart to do!! Since you got all that space under the deck might as well put it to use.

1 Like

Yep good call! Ill be doing the same!

3 Likes

Hi @Lacewing, @AL_GREEN and any outdoor grower on bud wash…

I’m finally about to harvest my first couple of beauties, well kinda beauties, my new babes are lookin good.

I’ve read much about bud wash and watched the Jorge Cervantes video. I like @AL_GREEN ’s option to use the bathtub. Or outside early in the morning, cutting before sunrise tomorrow am;). I was going to wash outside and drip dry outside. But the RH is only low when temps are above 90 into the 100’s.

I don’t know which way to go? Any suggestions are welcome.

Ty:)). Have a great day all!!

2 Likes

Hey man! Yeah I definitely wouldn’t leave them outside at anytime after bud wash…the wind and dirt may just kick up on them and dirty them up again… Washing outside is a neater way…Inside makes a drippy mess sometimes…
If you can wash them swing them around a bit to get excess water off then hang them upside down indoors…some place as cool as possible.!!

3 Likes

I’ve never had an issue washing the entire plant outside then hanging upside down in the shade while it drip dries for an hour ,with a fan blowing around but not directly in them ,if it’s breezy even better ,now obviously don’t hang them someplace dusty and dirty like @AL_GREEN said ,an hour in the shade usually does me fine ,I also swing them around like he said I ain’t scared and they can take it lol

I have no place indoors to let the floor get wet at the moment but maybe a garage in the future

2 Likes

Funny…but not at the time story…I was swingin one of my plants around and I accidentally let it go…UURRRGGG…It fell on the floor outside and had a little dirt and dog hair… :rofl: I was so mad at myself…But I just washed it off again,This time held on tighter…Also Ive had tips of Colas break off …probably weakened from Caters or my abuse… :laughing:

3 Likes