Bud wash entire plant

Absolutely …

I have a product called grow safe which is just plant oils
It kills insects and powdery mildew and is safe to spray on buds …
I think the second plant I harvest I’m going to treat the plant with that product then rinse the plant off a day or so before harvesting and skip the wash …if I see it didn’t work well
I know to never try it again hahaha

1 Like

I use a 35 gallon barrel for prewash then a 15 gallon barrel for a second prewash then another 15 gallon barrel with water and 3 cups of peroxide 3%. Then there’s two more rinse barrels after that that are 15 gallons. The peroxide barrel and the two final rinse barrels are PH’d between 8 and 8.5. Mold does not like to grow in that environment.

4 Likes

Wow So it is possible and people do it? Really good to know …in a perfect world I’d rather hang the entire plant for that slow dry
I’m in no rush amd usually sitting on a Qp of dispo weed at any given time …I only sampled the plant for effect and won’t take another hit until it’s fully cured

I also think I have 4 or 5 huge barrels …would just take time to fill up and thanks for the ph tip had no clue

Also do you clip all your big fans before wash ? Or do you clip them all when dry?

1 Like

Here’s the leftover peroxide water after washing one plant, indoor grow in SoCal: I do not want that in my smoke.

4 Likes

I use a special table I built that’s 8 ft by 3 ft and has mesh wire for a bottom, I also use it to grow clones under ha!!!

In Jorge Cervantis book the Cannibis Encyclopedia he recommends 1 cup hydrogen peroxide and I believe but don’t hold me to it that he said use the 3% kind in a 5 gallon bucket that is filled with 4 gallons of water but I have since upped mine to 2 cups as it seemed weak. He also mentions some type of concrete sealer for bud mold so who knows.

Doing a large plant on my table I would use my pump sprayer filled with the above solution once completely soaked I then just turn my water hose on set on shower and rinse and flip rinse and flip then hang to dry

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 do you discard the water between plants or reuse?

1 Like

I only did one plant and I would only keep the clean rinse bucket as there was almost nothing in it but the other two were filthy

Just my opinion
It may mean nothing as I have only harvested one plant in my life !! Hahah

I will always do a bud wash after seeing what is floating in the water …
Lint
Dirt
Dead insects
Plant material
Some type of nasty slime on top of the water …
Yuk so glad I didn’t smoke that

4 Likes

Yes I do. If you have had any smoke or dust in your area; it’s on the plants.

This is a cola from the plant that went in that bucket.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 i think they meant like if you’re washing say 3 plants, do you remake each bucket’s contents FRESH between washing each plant (so you’re not washing plant 2 and 3 in dirty plant 1’s water :wink: )?

Yes. That’s right. Do I have to make a fresh batch between plants?

2 Likes

I absolutely would …too much junk in the flowers …and ypu don’t wanna cross contaminate if there happens to be an issue with the previous plant

Fresh batch between plants. The peroxide dissipates very quickly and it’s dirt cheap. Tap water will cause it to dissipate as well so mix and use immediately. I use the ‘shower’ setting on my garden hose and rinse off after 6 to 8 minutes. Be sure to take a good sniff when it comes out as it will smell terrific!

2 Likes

All I used was baking soda and lemon juice …in the 1st bucket just lemon juice but like 1/8 cup
Steaming water in the last one …

Lol not steaming …STRAIGHT UP WATER

I was pretty vigorous with the flowers while dipping …not banging into anything …

But my question was …I did not use H202 …just didn’t think to …I also inspected my harvest like a mail main fingers the mail …no rot anywhere …

Should I have used it anyway?

Guess I will just have to do a bit at a time or use a cattle trough

2 Likes

Maybe I can get my smaller plants in 1 trash can but I have my doubts

2 Likes

The bathtub…Although the ol` lady might not approve…Its big It should fit a large size plant and all you have to do is pull the drain plug to get rid of the dirty water…rinse and refill / drain again…Viola… Now of course you’ll have to get out the scrubbing bubbles disinfectant to clean it before people use but hey its and idea!!
Plus @Pet_de_Chien took my trash can answer…so? @Myfriendis410 Very nice fat CLEAN bud there pal!!! I now wash mine too! Clean smoke!!

1 Like

If your only doing one plant you can just gently splash the entire plant in a bath tub

1 Like

I would…

3 Likes

my thoughts were leaning that way also. i tend to be overcautious like that but have never done this. in a vessel that deep i knew sediments would also tend to settle to the bottom after the initial thrashing to clean the plant material off and don’t want to be unnecessarily wasteful of the cleaning products either. peroxide is pretty cheap, but haven’t priced the lemon juice yet.

1 Like