Bud size day 28

First time grower. I am at day 28 from flipping to flower. I guess I would expect my flower to be larger than they are but again I am new to this. Looking normal? If so, when do flowers start really packing on weight? Last pic is becoming my pride and joy. She is the youngest of the 4 and grew horizontally and is only about 10” tall but she is killing the others with tricome production from what I see.

7 Likes

Relax and kick back. Plants healthy. Now mother nature does…her. months away. Time for bloom nutes.

3 Likes

So many variables… What light are you using?
However, they look great! :+1:

1 Like

Viparspectra P4000 in a 2x4 (overkill). Got 4x8 tent arriving Tuesday. Will be running twin P4000’s in that one.

I have a lightrail in my 4x8. When i fill it that thing is amazing. No hotspots and can turn them down 20% at least.

2 Likes

Looking good to me for 2 weeks flowering!
Generally the first two weeks after the flip aren’t really considered flowering, more like the transition period.
Most people consider flowering as started when you get those first “hedgehog” button buds formed.
So effectively, you’re about 2 weeks into flowering.

4 Likes

Ah got it! Thanks for the info. I was thinking to myself that if flowering should be over in 9-12 weeks, I am going to pencil eraser size buds. Lol. Thanks for the info!
Now, tell me why this is becoming an addiction! I honestly don’t consume cannabis, does not agree with me what so ever. This became of a challenge to myself to see if I could do it. Now going to have two tents going, just pulled out the credit card for 30 more seeds……lol. Oh well, going down to check on the ladies everyday is so relaxing and I guess that makes it worth it.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community :blush: Plants and looking great. Going to get frosty and plump. Patients is a key at this point. Happy Growing :v:

1 Like

Mix in some tomatoes or peppers and spice up your garden if not a user :grin:. Hooking up your medical user friends is awesome also. My grow supports 3 of us disabled folks. With meds…not cash. Saves a TON though.

3 Likes

Btw. Almost all of us here in our small home area medical group have switched almost exclusively to edibles. Amazing fun making different things. Really get the difference in applications from differing strains eaten. Pain…sedative…antidepressant. much more prolonged. Have not had a pain pill in years.

2 Likes

Welcome and happy new year! They look good! Frosty and thick. Give them a couple weeks and they’ll really fatten up! Good luck and happy growing!!!

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: Yeah this is 2 days flowering

2 Likes

You have plenty of time for those buds to get big and fat you’re just barely coming out of preflower you could have anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks left still

1 Like

Wha? That’s 2 days since the flip?

2 Likes

Looking super good my freind :star_struck:
You keep doing whatever you’re doing and you going have all kinds of bud…
But each strain can be different and even each plant of same stain for that matter.
I can say they just getting started it looks though, so you goingvhave some bigins😁

2 Likes

Did you say this your first grow?

1 Like

Was wondering the same thing :thinking:

2 Likes

16 days since flip but if I take your “2 week transition before flower” that makes mine 2 days into flower. I don’t believe that one bit but I’ll run with it.

3 Likes

Well, the plant is a living thing with circadian rhythms, just like us! Ever work a swing shift and have to do a 2 day turn around from starting at 7am to starting at 7pm? It’s not easy on the system and it takes time to adjust. Just like losing 6 hours of daylight will suddenly startle the plants. In addition to the time it takes the plants to halt the chemical processes it goes through to produce vegetative growth and start the processes for producing flowers.
It’s not etched in stone and I’ve heard some growers say 1 week, I’ve heard others say as much as 3.
What’s the average of 1 and 3? 2. 2 is the answer.
Every seed you grow will be different than the last - even from the same bank, same strain, same order. These aren’t Burpee tomato seeds!
Ever notice how seed banks say “flowers in 8-10 weeks”. That’s another example of an average. No guarantees at all on anything in the weed growing game!
Except maybe flowering DOESN’T start with the flip of the timer, but with TIME itself.

Good Luck on your grow!! Girls looking good!!

2 Likes

@Bluntsmoke what strain and bank, if you don’t mind me asking. I’m curious. That is impressive growth for 16 days since flipping. Whatever you’re doing to her she obviously loves it.

2 Likes