Bud shrinking whilst drying

Hey all…now I know this is perfectly normal but I gotta say… DAMN…Where’s my buds gone…they have proper shrunk…:rofl::see_no_evil:…gone from this…

to this… in 3 days…:see_no_evil::joy:…still not dry yet but feel my yeild is dwindling away every day…as I said I know its normal but its our first crop so shocked how much they have shrunk! :joy: Thanks again all! :maple_leaf::green_heart::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yep, same thing here. On my first grow I first thought I was going to have poundage. :laughing: I wasn’t on any forum and didn’t know squat. From harvest to cure you will lose up to 70-80% of Weight .

4 Likes

Savage isn’t it…but at least I know its drying I guess!! :joy:

2 Likes

That is why dried and cured weight is quoted.

2 Likes

It’s SHRINKAGE! It may have dwindled from QP to oz but it looks great. What was the plant? Any pics before harvest?

1 Like

She is a pink grapefruit auto…grown in a hot pot and inherited nitrogen toxiticy…but she made it and smells great…did have a little sample smoke of her today…taste great and a nice buzz…and she ain’t completely dried and cured yet…cheers bro…apprecated! :sunglasses:

That’s where bud density comes into play.
Still, they all shrink when you start drying them. They even do some shrinking while curing.

2 Likes