Bud Rot - Week 7

Someone came and stole one of my plants in the middle of the night :scream: so with the mild and the thieves in the neighbourhood, I’m leaning towards chopping them down. I’m so torn, but it’s probably the right thing to do…

1 Like

High,
I found a little spot on one of my plants. Cut it off what else should I look for and what else can I do. I do not want to lose all of my girls that’s for sure.
Thanks
Ger

High,
I think it was bud rot anyway. The spot was Brown and pretty dry. Is that bud rot
Ger

Sounds like bud rot. I cut and remove rot, and keep preventative spraying lost coast plant therapy. It helps make it to the finish line. I’m sorry to hear your beautiful garden has got some bud rot.

I had to chop 2 of my 5 girls early, now I have 3x 9 ft blue dreams with rot showing up near the very bottom…evil nasty shit

High,
I guess I am not sure what bud rot looks like. I googled it and I did not see any mold on my plant. Just a “dead spot” on a bud. I cut it off and it was quite dry. I took the whole bud. I will keep looking every day. What does it look like? I shoulda took a pic but I just wanted it gone
Ger

@Gerant For me, bud rot is gray/brownish and dryish. If it’s new it’ll just be a brown spot that is dry. If it’s progressed, it’s visibly dusty and is crumbly.

1 Like

I had some rot on my first ever grow with WW Autos. Now I am finishing a second grow of Gorilla Glue autos in a greenhouse where I have little control of humidity and temps. These have done great, and from day one of flower I have had a strong fan blowing right on them. moving air is rot’s worst enemy. If you have it, you will know it. It is not pretty.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_vomiting::angry:

1 Like

It looks evil

1 Like

High,
Well if air flow is Rots worst enemy forty knot winds should help today…
I checked all my girls today and did not see anything alarming. I hope it wasn’t what I thought. We will see as its getting closer. The Trich’s are mostly cloudy now but no other color changes yet
Thanks for all your help everyone
Ger

1 Like

@Gerant stay vigilant brother. It lurks…you may think you’re in the clear and then it strikes out of nowhere. I was pulling buds away from the stalks to try and improve airflow everywhere. Best of luck to you, your garden is beyond impressive :clap:

1 Like

High,
Oh yes I am trying to stay on top. This is only my second grow so I am not sure what to expect or watch for. I did google it and I am taking off a lot of leaves on the one plant and some on others to create more air flow. The bottom is clean and no barriers.
I am watching real close only got two maybe three weeks to go. Trich’s are pretty cloudy now
Thanks for the good luck
Ger

@thedeernad , High,
I checked all the plants today and found nothing out of the ordinary. They looked fantastic The thrics are getting cloudy. We are in for like three to four days of 70% chance of rain. I heard rain and buds don’t mix well especially since I found a brown, dry, crumbly spot on one of the flowers already, so put a cover over “The Sea of Green”. Is that okay. Still has good air flow, any suggestions?
Thanks
Ger

1 Like

High, thanks
I am trying. I checked all my plants today and nothing out of the ordinary. I did major foliage to creat better air flow. It’s supposed to rain here for like three to four days so I covered them with plastic. I heard rain and buds don’t mix especially if I already found some weird crap. Is that a good idea?
Thanks
Ger

1 Like

@Covertgrower, @thedeernad
High,
The darn cover blew off so some got wet. I shook the crap out of them and put the cover back on as rain is in the week forecast. I was thinking of puttin a fan in the garden but don’t like running electrical stuff outside in the rain. I was going to uncover in times of sun or at least wind…Any other ideas
Ger

H2o2 has never done squat against botrytis in my grows.
Bud rot spreads via spores. They can be carried by human contact, rain, bugs and most certainly wind. A fan is a great preventative, but once you have the rot, a fan just encourages the spread.

Green cure or potassium bicarbonate will slow it down a tiny bit if you’re diligent.

Ultimately though it’s a rough ride to the end of harvest and I’ve typically lost at least 50% of my yield once bud rot is found.

The best solution is preventative. Plan better for next season.

4 Likes

@Gerant no fans!

1 Like

Ok thanks
Ger

High,
I plan to plan better. Not so many plants for sure and what steps are needed to try to prevent bud rot. I am learning as I grow only send time so any help is greatly appreciated.
Ger