Bud rot vs. Botrytis

I’ve been reading all over the Internet and trying to find some thing that talks about bud rot from caterpillars and I haven’t been able to find anything. What I want to know is will the bud right spread like the rot does from Botrytis? Is it as aggressive? It seems to me that it’s not really as much right as it is that the caterpillar’s carved out and ate their way making a little tunnel inside the bud sites and made it their home. While I understand there is right that comes along with it it seems to me that it’s mostly from the caterpillar‘s munching away and pooping in my bud sites.Any help on this would be greatly appreciate it and happy growing everyone!

1 Like

@TRF

Yes. It’s the same thing.
Different cause but same organism.
Mold is mold regardless where it stems from.
Still millions of spores that will spread like wildfire if left unchecked.

:v::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Well unfortunately I have it on one of my main colas and Had to harvest the plant early so now I’m going through it and cutting all of it out but I saved most of it so it’s not too bad of a deal. Thanks for responding though and happy growing.

2 Likes

@Oldguy Does bud right spread further after you chop the plant and hang it up to dry because that’s what I did.

1 Like

@TRF

It can if you didn’t get it all.
When I’ve had some rot , I’ll wet trim close and dissect the bigger nuggets to get air at all sides of them.
Then I’ll lay them out on a screen with a small fan moving some air around. Not aimed directly at the screen.
Makes for a quicker dry but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Maybe 4-5 days dry time verses 10-14 if the leaves are left on and hung up.
Just keep a close eye on them and discard anything that looks off.
Good luck my friend.
Hope things go well for you.

:v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion bro and that’s what I’m gonna do right now! I’ve kind of been at a standstill as to know what to do next and try not to let the rot spread. I really appreciate the wisdom man thanks!

1 Like

More than welcome my friend.
Any time.
:v::call_me_hand::pray:

1 Like

Gidday mate. Peroxide bud wash when you pick. Kills spores. Sad if all hung up and turn to sh1t. Best of luck🤞

1 Like