Bud rot or something else? Day 77 from flip

I woke up and this bud looks off and I wanted to know if it is bud rot or due to the fact leaves are starting to die due to starting my final two week flush this past week.

2 Likes

Hmm does it disintegrate when touched

2 Likes

Just starting the flush a few days ago wouldn’t have caused bud rot, High RH and lack of air circulation would have. You can always take a piece of the bud and open it up to see :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Yea it does disintegrate and break off like a dead leave. And thanks, i just microscoped it and see no signs of mold or anything.

2 Likes

Sorry to say, but yes. There’s rot in there. I’d most the top with water (so spores don’t go flying) & snip the top section of that cola off.

2 Likes

From what you say It seems like it happened fast. After you cut it off look at the main stem for something like caterpillar damage. When A section dies off fast something happened to kill it. I suspect you will find its been bored into or eaten a bit.

1 Like

How do I got about saving my crop and getting rid of this? Cut off the that cola and keep going? Anyway to insure it hasn’t spread?

1 Like

Thats what I would do. Cut it an inch or so below the brown parts.
Check it out closely to see if you can figure out what happened. My guess is you will see something deep on the main stem.

1 Like

I just cut it off and inspected it. There was some slight black on the stem but otherwise nothing i could see. The main stem seems fine also.

I think my nighttime humidty has creeped up to like 70% and thats what did this. All the surrounding colas look fine.

1 Like

I have had to deal with bud rot as well. I recognized that sickly brown right away in your first pic.
These pics are about 10g wet that I took off a Bubba Kush back in April.

This close up looks nasty.
Sat Apr 09 20-56-31

2 Likes