Bud rot or mold on a few colas

Yes please what do I need to do to cure it and what was the cause of it thanks for your help

Again thks I am a grasshopper Young but striving I’m just excited you hit it right on the head now I know I have to develop patience got you Florida LOL

1 Like

I don’t feel that way I appreciate all inputs if you read all my post I think i thanked everyone if I miss someone it’s because my phone didn’t alert me or I missed it I definitely need to get all input because I’ve I don’t know the only way I can know is to be taught I would never not acknowledge anyone and if I have my apologies

you can check into this it is for mites and thier eggs . Now mites are hard to get rid of this is offered on Amazon and you can research what else it is good for possibly the worm problem could be fixed with this . You are supposed to be able to use this rite up to harvest . The name is green cleaner

Thks @Oldstoner

1 Like

Did you try searching leaf spot fungus on the forum I’m sure it’s been addressed before. I’m sure I’ve seen some homemade remedies on here try searching leaf spot fungus.

2 Likes

I know nobody wants to hear it because it’s a nightmare but we are only trying to tell you so you can start treating because whatever it is, LSF or not the treatments are the same

I’m spraying with neem oil and baking soda (1 tsp per quart) once each per week but once I’m past 3 or 4 weeks in flower I stop the neem oil because it gives the buds terrible taste

I haven’t tried milk but I’ve heard 60/40 water milk is the ratio if you try that let me know in fact I might try the milk tonight because it’s really starting to take hold now that I’ve stopped the neem oil

My course of action is to shut down everything and use Hospital strength fungicide to kill it all then if it comes back I have no option but to burn sulfur but I’m going to seal my room better and put it on a timer because it’s not something you really want to in a residence if you don’t have to

Short of a sulfur burner is really no way to stop it you can only treat it and for me that’s not acceptable so I’m shutting everything down like I said but stay in this thread let us know what you do and Hammer has a lot of info about it also will garrigan has a big print out on it but it’s mostly about outside grows

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone that responded.

My tomatoes are why I purchased it, plus I was taking advantage of a sale.

I’m just coming out of pre-flower, so I’m down to picking pest by hand. I never chance my buds. That’s why I understand that those damned things are a plague!

@kabongster, would it be helpful for my next season? Bear in mind that I always mix worms into my soil.

Just one of the many reasons I wish we had an entomologist on the forum.

Thanks again, everyone!

1 Like

You don’t need to use Bt in the garden if you don’t have the pests it eliminates. Bacillus thuringiensis products are very specific in the insects they will or won’t kill.

Use it for caterpillars early in their life.
Timing is crucial, application has to be at the right stage in development of the bug or it loses effectiveness.

Worms shouldn’t be affected…dust the leaves, let the caterpillars eat it and they die but not immediately.

2 Likes

Hey @Paranorman can u help me with leaf fungus thks

I have a question for anyone that can answer it what’s the light cycle for autoflowering thanks

Ideally, auto flowers are grown in anything between 18/6 and 24/0, throughout their entire life.

2 Likes

Thks @Aquaponic_Dumme

I have another question @Aquaponic_Dumme have you ever seen this on a plant before Grand Daddy Purp I know the leaves supposed to turn dark but something else looks wrong its 6 weeks of flowering whats ur input

I can take a couple more pics if u needed

@RamRam,

More pictures are always good.

How cold are your nights?
How good is your air flow?

Actually I was hoping @Aquaponic_Dumme will address the leaf spot fungus because I’m dealing with it myself

I’m about two or three weeks away from finishing crop, treating with fungicides and if need be I’m going to burn sulfur if it comes back

I’m treating with baking soda sprays once a week and I stopped the neem oil after about a month in flower because it makes the buds taste like crap & turns them real dark and nasty in my experience

I’m going to spray a 60/40 milk mix tonight and see if that will slow down the progression, because what I found is you can only slow it down I don’t think you can stop it without sulfur ?

I would like to hear Dummes best advice on this is because it’s a nightmare to deal with :thumbsdown:

If you have rot, cut it away.
If you have mold, or mildew, I recommend milk as it’s organic and can be used even on the day of harvest. Increasing air flow is highly recommended.

This afternoon I’ll download you picture for a better view, as my phone won’t zoom, for some reason.

1 Like

But what if it’s fungus amongus ?

I can’t find much about it except that it’s very popular in England, well maybe not popular but prevalent …must be the weather I’m guessing

garrigan has printout on it but it’s all about outside plants which doesn’t help me much

Regarding air flow, in addition to the 220 in and 440 out I now have two 9" high velocity fans on the floor and two clip-ons up top not only is it beneficial for basically everything, but I have no more fungus gnats not one, haven’t in months, these fans are permanent additions, highly recommend

2 Likes

The downsides to outside grows…
If it’s some form of Blight, still, increase air flow. Clean up around the area, and try to remove any rotting. You might try planting in a different area and different landscape.

You can try fungicides, but be very careful, as you wouldnt want to smoke it; definitely wash you bud, and if so, hit it as soon as possible, so it doesn’t spread.

@Paranorman, if your having problems inside, definitely mop and bleach your garden between grows.