Bud rot? Newbie questions

A couple newbie questions. On my girls outdoor, I am seeing some browning on a of couple buds, first and third pics. The other buds all look good, I think, the second and fourth pics. From my research this may be bud rot? Any ideas? If it is bud rot, should I remove those buds? If not rot, any idea on what it is? Don’t see any bugs. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

3 Likes

Nice plant , I am not convinced that I see any bud rot. I see pistols turning Amber color.

1 Like

Ok so I see the 2 spots your talking about. They should be dry to the touch. What you need to do is take that dead chunk out and look at the interior of your bud. If it’s caterpillar damage you will most likely find a tunnel he has carved through your bud. All spots touching it’s damage must be removed because the dead stuff or caterpillar poop infected stuff will begin to mold. If there is no caterpillar damage, you are likely to see additional brown/black colored spots on the interior of your bud. Those will not move in reverse and whatever is dark colored must be removed as it will only spread and destroy more bud.

3 Likes

If it is bud rot, remove it, cut off your top buds that may be susceptible, and then let the rest of the plant fill in

3 Likes

Idk man I’m not seeing any rot

2 Likes

@ThirtyThree thank you so much for your reply. I dug a little deeper, removing the brown portions, and low and behold there was a caterpillar in there, little guy. I then just cut off the other bud also, which had some browning, and I as I broke it up to inspect, found a caterpillar in that one also. Guess it’s good news, caterpillar vs rot? I cut both buds off and did a thorough inspection and have not found any other brown spots on the two plants. Thanks again.

1 Like

Dang I couldn’t see good eye guys

2 Likes

Bud rota worse because it has spores and those spores spread all over, they are tiny and naked to our human eye. So as you move/cut the plant, which you have to in order to try and save the plant, it infects more of the plant often but takes time to develop so your chasing your tail with bud rot often.

So I say your winning

1 Like