Bud rot? Need help

When I put hand over canopy it’s warm not hot

1 Like

does @raustin @BigDaddyCain @PurpNGold74 @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @MattyBear

2 Likes

I would agree with others. Although would say that is in line with intensity damage.

You see how they almost look bleached from outer part leaf to inner? 30" isn’t an unreasonable distance for 1000 watt hps if you can keep temps down. Unfortunately, if you get any type of leaf damage they will become much more susceptible to light damage. I believe that’s likely what happened in this case. Either a deficiency in plant or some nute burn led to being a little more light sensitive. 1000 watt hps is a damn big light.

4 Likes

ok cause I’m using nector of the gods twice a week and cal-mag once a week and I thought nector of the gods doesn’t really burn plants.
nute ph is 6.6

If you look at lower leaves that don’t appear to be light damaged, the tips seem to show indication of burn. Which calmag bottle were you using and at what dosage?

2 Likes

Advanced nutrients sensi cal mag extra 5ml per gallon

I like to run my plants at around 1,200 to 1,300 ppm in my setup and I have fairly high intensity. The more light you have (within reason) the more nutrient uptake is going to occur so more frequent waterings with less nutes as your plants are probably drawing a gallon plus per day. If you can up your airflow that might help too.

3 Likes

Wow 1800 is way to high for ppm I grow hydro and never go above 1350 ppm and light has to be atleast 20 inches from tops that looks like a ton of light burn with some nuit burn on the side

2 Likes

Ok thanks guys… I have my hps set at 100% do you think turning it down to 50% would help along with a flush

2 Likes

If I had to guess just too much nitrogen. That calmag 4-0-0. And the nectar line alone at that high of ppm was probably more than they wanted. Hard to say really without watching progression on an issue like that. There is one member here that seemed to do well with the nectar, and I haven’t seen him around at all. Everyone else seemed to have one problem or another.

3 Likes

Do you have a line that you recommend to replace nector?

1 Like

Well I switched to Remo and the grow I’m in now I’m only useing the base nuits and ofcourse the calmag by same line so I’m useing the Remo magnifical and there micro and grow then this sun I’ll swap out the grow for the bloom and that’s all I’m useing for this run if it does as good in bloom as it did in veg I’ll switch to the full Remo lineup and that is only 7 bottles total not like the others that have like 6 for veg and 12 for bloom lol. I can send u a tag to my current grow so u can see how the base line does

1 Like

@Familyman

I’m trying Greenleaf Nutrients mega crop from here out.

Any of them lol. Gh has good price and can be pretty fuss free if using Lucas formula. However I’m not a proponent since Monsanto has bought them.

The more recent movement has been toward powdered nutrients, in which case I would suggest taking a look at flower power. It seems to be packaged very user friendly in seedling, grow, flower, and boost packages. May be worth taking a look at.

2 Likes

Ok thanks guys, but what do you recommend I do for my current situation, cut down lights and flush?

1 Like

@Nt66 Well I would turn off one of them in a 4x4x8 tent 2k in light is nuts I’m useing a 315 Cmh system and my plants are doing great so I think the amount of par u have in there is to much cut off the dead and flush are they rdy to be cut how long into bloom are you need that info to see what steps can be taken from here to save what you got and get the ppm below 1050 for a few feedings that will fix the nuit burns that started this problem and don’t go higher then 1250 ppm ever in flower I keep mine 850 first 2 weeks of bloom 9-950 week 3 and 4 then 5-7 I’m in between 1050 and 1250 week 8 if they are soon to be rdy I cut it in half so around 600 ppm till I am rdy to flush in week 9 or 10 depending on strains

I would probably start by raising your lights, maybe 12" or so for right now. Then run a few gallons through them and check runoff. If you’re looking high still go ahead with flush amounts. I’m skeptical that they’re gonna look great no matter what you do, I think they may be too far along and too damaged. I would just hate to completely strip nutrients if they’re gonna try.

2 Likes

the brown colas looks like bud rot,
the white/bleached tops looks like light ‘burn’,

grab a brown cola and try to peel it apart,
if it opens up easily and u see fungus, kind of spider webbed inside, it is done for,
cut the tops and dispose of them, AND get the environment and nutes right.!!

the light burn can be prevented with good temps, good air flow, and a good light source at the proper distance.!

1 Like

Thanks…They are 6 weeks since I flipped them