Bud rot late in flower, what do i do?

Im in late flower and noticed my monster plant has bud rot. Two very large buds right next to each other both have it bad. I cut it off immediately and inspected all others and dont see anymore with it. What should i do ive never had this issue before and im worried my entire harvest is ruined.

type or paste code here
``
3 Likes

Just anyone that reads knows, i also added 3 more fans and dehumidifier. I went and separated each and every cola and i couldnt find a sign of it anywhere else on the plant after 45mins- hour of looking.

1 Like

Just be careful when you remove it can spread like wild fire. I’d take some peroxide and water 50/50 and spray everything in there including equipment and walls.

3 Likes

Thanks for responding! I just sprayed the whole plant with 1 cup water/2 tbps of peroxide. Should i do a stronger solution and spray again?

1 Like

Update im inpatient and nervous so i spray everything down with the 50/50 solution lol

1 Like

I don’t know maybe wait until tomorrow and spray it all again you dont want to make too humid in there. Usually thats what causes the mold in the first place What’s the humidity in there usually? I had a lot of mold and bud rot in one of my greenhouses this year. Eventually every plant in that greenhouse had some rot here and there. I was able to salvage most of it. Except one plant I probably lost 75% of it.
I don’t grow indoors so I can’t help ya there. There’s quite a few threads on here about bud rot this year, more than usual it think.

1 Like

My humidity wasnt ever above 46%, but i think i fumbled the bag by only having 1 small fan on the top of the plant. I added another to the top and bottom giving me a total of 4 fans moving air in the tent. I also added a dehumidifier after realizing my old one wasnt working for probably over a week😒.

Got ya, you got to have good airflow in there, that’s what started it in my greenhouse, that and caterpillars killed a lot of colas too.

I was going to start flushing in 2 weeks harvest in 3, should i just start flushing now in your opinion?

I don’t know I’d probably try to ride it out to the end and keep a good watch on everything and remove anything suspect.Try to handle each plant less and change gloves often if you’re clipping off rot. Mix some peroxide and water 50/50. It sometimes turns pistils a little brownish. Don’t spray too much and only once every few days. unless you find more mold/rot.
If the rot gets bad on any one plant you might want to get it out of there. If you saw the amount of bud I threw away this year it would break your heart. I ended up with so much good bud that it didn’t matter much to me. I learned a lot from it though.

2 Likes

I already harvested two, 3 weeks ago. This plant is massive for an indoor auto, its over 6 foot tall. Its like COVERED in trichomes and smells unbelievable and the thought of losing more its killing me lol. Im only two weeks from harvest and been in flower for 8 weeks this sunday so im just debating with myself whether or not to just chop it now. Its covered in resin and the trichomes are 80/85% milky already so im just stuck honestly.

2 Likes

Random thought, since its an auto would changing my light cycle from 18-6 to 24/0 help prevent the growth of more rot? I use a 300w quantum grow light (actually 300w) and it has uv diodes on it which i know kills mold.

1 Like

That I don’t know, sorry. I don’t grow autos and I don’t grow indoors.
Is that just one plant?
I think I’d try to ride it out unless it starts spreading faster than you can keep up with.
I had one plant that I had to toss every cola on every branch and secondary branch until all that was left were the larf buds but they ended up turning into some knarly buds. I still got quite a bit off her even though. That was caused by F/N caterpillars, they cost me lbs of bud this year.

3 Likes

Good catch, definitely remove and toss those affected buds. I would add doing a bud wash at harvest time. I do this regardless just to rinse all the crap that’s has collected on the plants through the grow :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I ran into that damn S’t too. In the most recent, the timing is about the same as you. Close to harvest but needs a couple more weeks.
Upon detection I removed all affected buds. Was very aggressive and took more than I thought to make it safe. I sprayed the plants and buds with water & peroxide spray. I also doused the walls of the tent etc.
Added a fan and turned up the intake and exhaust fans. The spray was quite concentrated. I used 120 - 150ml of 3% peroxide per liter of water.
I did get some leaf burn but it did not harm the flowers and I made it two more weeks. I did do a bud wash at harvest. It was double the normal strength using 400ml of peroxide in 20L of water.
I only sprayed the buds once. At harvest one additional bud was bad and had to be tossed. In hindsight I should have sprayed one more time, a couple days after the first. I would reduce the concentration though.
Good luck. Great looking flowers and work hard at saving them. This part of what was saved. Drying after the bud wash

1 Like

Frist nice looking plants , Increase air flow if possible , thin out a little bit. But rot is a bummer definitely cut out Affected areas and toss. Good luck finishing up.

2 Likes

How close to the light was the bud that got the mold in it. I had same issue with a plant and the only bud that got moldy was the biggest but was also the only one that was super close to the light for a while. I’m thinking being so close cause the light to heat the inner of the bud enough to cause the rot or mold.

@plumbdand has got you on the right path with the light spray. Also remove all large fan leaves. You look like you are ending the flower cycle soon.
Maintane and ride it out :wink:
Happy growing…

2 Likes

@anon86641082 I agree it definitely looks like defoliation is needed to allow better airflow

2 Likes

Changing to 24 hrs would keep temp up and therefore rh down but I would remove all that foliage. This far in your not needing all that vegetation. This would help with airflow and light penetration both.

2 Likes