Bud rot indoors to my surprise 😒

Sup everyone. So I finished my run of the auto amnesia from Seedsman after a transplant to a 5 gal and the grow went very well in my opinion. Chopped the girl, wet trimmed and hung to dry. Today I went back through to tighten up my manicure after 5 days and found some bud rot. My RH doesnt exceed 52% at night and sits between 40 and 50 with lights on (depending if I watered or not). Pics should give an idea of why I got it but I’m curious on how I could prevent this next time if I have such dense nugs. Like, should I separate huge colas and let dry? Also how would u do this and still get a good decent cure? I think I also caught it pretty quick since i only cut off 2 nugs and everything else looks straight. Thoughts?

Lots of air flow, and low humidity.
Whatever isn’t contaminated you’ll save.

1 Like

I got 2 fans in a 2x3. You have any thoughts on dry and cure when colas are that dense? When they’re the size of your fist would you keep it all together?

The entry point for bud rot is usually when the lights go off. Temps drop and the dew point hits your buds.

The easiest way is to have an exhaust fan linked to a humidity control and vent low rh air in to keep the room rh stable.

While the common method of flowering is to keep room rh below 50%, I was listening to an experienced cultivator who swears that 65%-75% rh for the majority of flower is the way to go. As long as the area is set up to prevent dew settling on buds.

2 Likes

I would separate the nugs just to be safe.

1 Like

I’m def not gonna be running my rH that high idc what anyone says lol. I have an exhaust fan but the control sounds expensive. This is my first time running autos well and the shortest plant I’ve ever grown so I imagine it’s a one off. Are you doing anything special to deal with large colas once they’ve been chopped?

1 Like

The amount of rot is so small I imagine i caught it quick or the environment isn’t super optimal for its growth.

I break up my big colas so it dries easier.

1 Like

I wash my harvests in an h2o2 bath, and then wet trim.
Then it’s all hung until I deem it dry enough, then jarred.
I have erred and put buds that were a tad too wet into jars. They of course became moldy and were tossed. Talk about kicking myself.

I haven’t tried running high humidity in flower, but I may dedicate a small 2’x4’ tent to experiment with it. Supposedly it keeps the plants happier as well as preventing, and curing wpm. Btw the rh is tapered off to 50± the last couple weeks.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser was just going over a bud rot case. Not saying for sure that it is, but if it is.
He was recommending to put a baggy over the cola and remove it. Again assuming that it is bud rot.

1 Like

I clipped it and trashed it. She was already hanging when I noticed it so it’s pretty dry at this point and about ready for jars. I plan to go through with a fine tooth comb

You growing indoors and wash with hydro peroxide?

1 Like

Certainly.

I didnt get my lights out RH under 80% somedays it hit 99%. Im dont sure if the gauge is out but have mini ones coming soon so I can check. Lights on humidity usually around 50% and 12/12.
Im guessing genetics play a big part too.
First grow so was nervous about bud rot but 1st plant of 3 is good.

1 Like

I would not want dem problems lol. My temps and rH is typically stellar I’ve just never had one huge bud of a plant before lol. Not a fan. I like em to stretch a little but that pheno was like nope. Looking pretty good there @Fergus

1 Like