Bud rot. help! Advive needed

I have gotten lots of rain this week and its been cloudy. I have found bud rot on 3 plants. I cut whole bud off and cut out mold.
I really wanted to let them ripen until at least October.
Has anyone had success using hydrogen peroxide solution or milk to slow bud rot down or is it a lost cause?The weather is supposed to be good for a few days then a week of mixed showers and sun. Covering plants isn’t an option. Any advice would be appreciated. As of now I am just going to check daily and remove as I see it. Trichomes are white with a couple amber .

1 Like

i believe folks have been using zero tolerance for that…maybe @Willd can elaborate on this subject further…

1 Like

Potassium bicarbonate is another affordable treatment. Peroxide is ineffective against bud rot.

Depending where you live it will be available at a good nursery and/or brewer’s supply.

3 Likes

Thanks @Willd I will look into that.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 uses it and recommended a few weeks back. I have never used the bicarbonate, but ZeroTol is expensive if that’s all you’re gonna use it on.
I spray it on all our berries, grapes, & veggies too.

2 Likes

I hit some on my GL and left it to see how it did and the potassium bicarbonate dried it right up.

2 Likes

I can’t found zerotol to my country (Greece).
And I can’t asking what else can I use because weed it’s illegal.
So can you say what else can I use or could you tell me exactly how the disease is called to ask for the appropriate medicine?
Is the same like this photo…
I can’t say to the store “bud mold”…

1 Like

The disease is called botrytis. It affects raspberries and grapes. It’s also known as gray mold

3 Likes

Thanks for your help… :muscle:

Can I ask you something else???
If you now zerotol active substance is hydrogen peroxide???
A homemade solution with water and hydrogen peroxide (1% - 3%) you think it works?

1 Like

ZeroTol & Hydrogen Peroxide are not the same thing at all.

ZeroTol is hydrogen dioxide & some kind of acid. Different chemical altogether.

Peroxide is effective against powdery mildew but not botrytis.

3 Likes