Bud Rot Advice please

I am growing 7 autoflower plants (White Widow, Northern Lights, Gorilla Glue, and Girl Scout Cookie). Of the 7, 5 have some bud rot. They are approximately 3 to 4 weeks away from the optimal harvest date. I have been removing the areas with the rot to try to salvage what I can from the plants. If I decide to harvest early and save what I can should I follow the same procedure as I usually do for harvest: Flush, complete darkness for 48 hours, trim, peroxide wash, then dry. Or do I skip the flush and 48 hours of darkness and just trim wash and dry?

if you have rot, i would definitely not skip the wash.

3 Likes

also, skip the flush and 48 hours darknesss in my opinion for this case

2 Likes

Depending on the amount of BR, Id be harvesting it all kinda early. Do you have pictures? If its too spread out, Id possibly toss infected plants. You DONT wanna smoke BR…

Bud washes eliminate WPM, they only slow Boytris down…

And like @alexankh said, skip the finishers. Extended darkness in wet shoes will skyrocket humidity levels.

3 Likes

This is what was recommended to my by @CoyoteCody. I did order it but decided to harvest early instead. It will be in my arsenal if it happens again.

It was a bad bud rot season for me. In another situation it was too early to harvest. They a had a good month to go. I removed all buds with any physical sign of rot. It I had any question at all I removed it. I then made of 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and distilled water and drenched the plants. I pried open the buds and sprayed the interior as much as possible. When I say drenched, I mean soaked like a shower.
I did make it to harvest. Did a double strength bud wash (spliff seeds). While harvesting, and giving them a bath and lite trim, I carefully inspected each bud. Again, I opened them up and If I saw any discoloration or soft plant material I discarded that bud or cut off the suspect area. I held off on harvesting this crop because only a few buds were affected. I felt confident I removed those with rot and killed any spores with the peroxide drench.
Good luck. It is a tough decision to make. My suggestion is to be safe.

2 Likes