BUD ROT! Advice needed

@James68
@Jbum Chop the leaves correct, before I put it into the solution

its your call…it will be easier to manicure when wet…i refer you to the video, Jorge puts the whole branch in the solution…all will be good…:partying_face:

Works like a champ for me.

Your call on when to harvest. Your plant is looking far along and if you want to keep it going a bit longer, get some increased airflow over it. Do a bud wash at harvest.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 done

3 Likes

Probably a good call; it looked pretty mature.

1 Like

It was 8 weeks into flower, my harvest are only increasing in the final yield, my next one looking great!!

2 Likes

I’ve peroxided the crap out my bud rot infected plants. I noticed zero effect. It just kept spreading.

It is good for the wash though.

1 Like

Looks like you’ve have it under control, sorry on the bud rot, whishin you the luck on next harvest :+1:

Bud rot IS NOT WPM that wases off with peroxide it is botritus cenera there is no secure there is prevention. And there is prevention if soredding it will jump plant to plant it’s due to your climate …I’m in south florida lost a few to bud rot

six but chive on live and learn dont over crowd keep moisture away be pewventative… u will be for sure now it’s a humidity issue esspecially in tropical areas was that grown out side?

2 Likes

Started like this

that’s how I got the bud rot over crowded c
Got greedy

2 Likes

Both lost to bud rot. Only happened to my White Windows the ChemDawgs did not get it.

Sorry you lost that @Jbum. I battled and battled bud rot, from the white crap to the brown crap, once you have it and can see it on the outside, there is way more on the inside, and all that washing and crap does nothing. You have to cut it out and cut out surrounding buds, because you can’t see most of it with the naked eye. even after washing the taste is never the same, always moldy/stale taste and smell and end up throwing that away too, so all that time to save nothing is wasted. I have lost probably 10 whole plants in the the last couple years, but now I run the humidity down to 35 % last couple weeks, also the bigger and fatter the buds, the more likely you are going to have some mold in there somewhere unless you are driving the humidity way down. Happy Growing !
Edit: I do have to say if you are going to only use for edibles, you can save it by doing the cutting out of buds with mold and washing, then you could have some decent stuff to work with, some people I have read do this, I have not though, I am mainly a smoker but make the canna caps also.

1 Like

At least it was only those two. Still have 3 plants to trim. Oh and have these as well. Not to bad for my first harvest.

6 Likes

Good idea to get them out the room asap cuz botritus jumps plant to plant very fast