Bud of the month voting system

Latewood what do you think about putting the votes in like this I’m not sure if it’s more trouble but was wanting to know what you thought

• Oldstoner
  • Fatnuts
  • Chicken lips
  • Etc.

0 voters

Because everybody can see who is voting this will just keep track Easier I could be wrong?

1 Like

I don’t know what would have to be done inorder for all to be able to use this. Is this a feature (a poll) already available to us?

I really am not sure I want anything changed. This would mean someone would have to place this exactly on time or votes would be made by members 2 different ways, creating more of a pain in the ass.

PLease answer my 2 questions above while I think about it. If this is not a function offered already that Admi/Modsn can use, then I would say; No.

1 Like

Yes the poll is available and yes one of us ( I would be happy to do it as a trial next month) but yeah it could run into issues but people usually don’t start voting till one of us starts it . I understand your concern but think it may make it easier on us as well in the long run just was thinking about it want to see your thoughts thanks

2 Likes

@latewood I think i might be a good idea as well
You can let votes be pubilc or private as well depending if you wanted everyone to know
Im willing to help out if needed
If not I’ll continue to count votes atvthe end of the month
@Hogmaster your right voting never starts unless one of you guys opens it as well
You could just post the poll when its time to start voting
Either way its all good
:v:

I do not agree that voting never starts unless… For a few months the
members have started voting at midnight of the 21st. Sometimes Hog or
myself mention the end of entries.

···

On Wed, April 25, 2018 2:16 pm, Countryboyjvd1971 wrote:

translation missing:
en.user_notifications.user_mentioned_pm.text_body_template To unsubscribe
from these emails, [click
here](I Love Growing Marijuana Forum
5fd11e8ffc15b9dbf44f8d7aa2330f875bc04b1dc8ceaa2d3b553c19a).

If you go back the last 6 mo no one has started it unless one of us did if you remember we fixed that by not counting votes unless we started it if you where not available at the time I usually did so but however you think is best I’m with you will be off work around 3 am getting ready to go in soon :wink: I have a alarm set every mo to start it so you know

1 Like

How many of those 6 months, “the last 6 months”, were late starting to vote?

When I was counting votes; I always counted from the voters following the rules. If you guys have not been doing that, then I need to make sure I am there every month. I was around but, distracted, also you kept asking to run it, so I let you run with it. and I know that we always counted any voted made “AFTER” the deadline. At least I did.

1 Like

OK then…Got to rest of text…:slight_smile: Let’s talk in the middle of the night. Time to iron things out. It has been a while. No worries. I trust all of our team is doing a great job. Wait until I tell you the numbers.

Also; I am planning a latewood formatted podcast series. Starting with a night on Growing with fishes. I am becoming extremely motivated and have renewed my original domain hygronomics.com

I only have a wordpress …Might do a “Discourse site” (like here at ILGM., allowing me to learn the back end.) but; I am adding a forum and photo gallery asap. This site is for self substantial ideals. Food, medicine, wind and solar, etc…hunting trapping maybe…living off the grid…

Just want to teach human beings how to survive when the lights go out.

Skype at 3am (your tme, I assume)

1 Like

If I’m out on time You’re more than welcome to count the votes if you want I know how you run the show I’m just trying to make it easier nothing is been counted before the 21st and after the end of the month it’s your baby

You can try calling I can’t promise I’ll answer I do work 14 hours plus a day and I’m trying to move and I have a lot on my plate right now but I always make time for the forum and would like to think I’ve done a good job and would hope you wouldn’t think I would try steering you the wrong way Things will be a lot better here in a few months when I get moved and settled in

@latewood
Ive also been busy Roger sorry I haven’t been able to reach out
I work 6 days a week and with seasons changing
We are in the middle of doing our spring start ups
I have well over 4000 pieces of equipment i maintain in a five building compound and still have chores at the house so time for me has been limited
I do try to spend time helping on forum as much as possible during the day
Hogmaster is correct tho about the voting
And I count all legal votes as well
We did put a stop to the membership voting until voting was announced at the same time we dealt with all the extra tagging and chit chat so the bom thread is more stream lined now
Any way ill try to find sometime in the next few days to reach out
As always best wishes John D

Thanks,

No apologies necessary. It is that time of year.

···

On Thu, April 26, 2018 1:55 pm, Countryboyjvd1971 wrote:

translation missing:
en.user_notifications.user_mentioned_pm.text_body_template To unsubscribe
from these emails, [click
d7d542e72cb9ccb27fa5c771ed701f5c7299f7365031dd8428c5b7759).

2 Likes

No worries. I trust you guys or you wouldn’t be here. :slight_smile: As far as
calling. Nope. I am done until friends call me. Not your fault, just
tired of no communication, no answers or replies, unless I post here. If
and when you are ready; I am here. I am always here! Later No worries
mates

···

On Thu, April 26, 2018 9:07 am, Hogmaster wrote:

You can try calling I can’t promise I’ll answer I do work 14 hours plus a
day and I’m trying to move and I have a lot on my plate right now but I
always make time for the forum and would like to think I’ve done a good
job and would hope you wouldn’t think I would try steering you the wrong
way Things will be a lot better here in a few months when I get moved and
settled in

[Visit
Message](https://ilgmforum.com/t/bud-of-the-month-vot
ing-system/19110/10) or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, [click
e375fb558c514b0d3f9111791d2ad696800f15d0527351b9599197ba4).

1 Like

OK guys,

Another thought; As far as I am concerned and I told the members they
could do this. As long as they follow the rules and vote after midnight
of the 21st; No staff needs to inform them. We just moderate actions out
of the rules. I like your idea, but, I like it the way it is. On the
fence on this one.

···

On Wed, April 25, 2018 11:01 pm, Hogmaster wrote:

If you go back the last 6 mo no one has started it unless one of us did
if you remember we fixed that by not counting votes unless we started it
if you where not available at the time I usually did so but however you
think is best I’m with you will be off work around 3 am getting ready to
go in soon :wink:

[Visit
Message](https://ilgmforum.com/t/bud-of-the-month-vot
ing-system/19110/6) or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, [click
80ccbc9e55d982a07df37892b89b1fc8f956ef26a6fab25e108b4dbdf).

1 Like

Can we try it and see how it works ? Sorry man I’m on and off here working all I can when I get to the new place I will have time to talk a lot more it’s Expensive to move cross country

@latewood Friday is about the only day I have off and I have been packing and cleaning shiz out OMG they’re so much I’ll be up till about 9 o’clock my time 10 your time call me before then love to shoot the shiz

I am thinking about trying the poll style voting but, I still not not want a bunch of tagging. If a member wants to reply directly to another member, they need to learn to click r"reply" below the other member’s post. NO @ symbols in the contest; Period! Only to clarify; I am not interested in seeing the contest turned into a chat room. :slight_smile: OK?

We will revisit this 2nd-3rd week of the month before voting.