Bud mild? found a Caterpillar digging through a rotten bud

what can i do? what is this? thank u![image|375x500, 75%](upload://3y9dCjTlSDjAShEzaK0cUZTQXNJ.j

peg)

1 Like

I always feel sad when someone gets bud rot and/or caterpillars after all of the hard work.

You should remove and discard any affected areas of your plant. @covertgrower may have some treatment ideas for the parts of the plant that are not yet too far gone.

2 Likes

Remove affected buds, Start spraying BT weekly, and buy some T. Brassicae predator wasp eggs.

3 Likes

And hello @merlin44!

1 Like

Hi there, @aaa…I am thinking of dropping a couple of the seeds that you sent to me. Have not decided which ones yet.

Been going through my stash, still have many lbs but getting the itch to grow something. LOL

2 Likes

Scratch that itch!

2 Likes

what are you referring to BT and T?

Yeah what does all that mean @AAA

yeah the BT works good, make sure to spray really well with it. Sadly for BT to work the little bastards must eat some plant with BT on it, then in about 30 hours or so they cant eat anymore and starce to death. The issue during flower is that the little bastards cause dead material that rots when it gets wet, and the poo does the same! So next grow, start BT as soon as flowering begins. Apply it religiously each week, right to the end. The last 2 weeks you may stop the treatment.

1 Like

I think everything is covered. Other than cutting out affected areas, and spraying. That’s pretty much it.

2 Likes