Bud growth problem need advice

Indoor tent
Grown in soil
5gal pot size
400 HPS lights
PH is at 6.0
I am using a wide array of advanced nutrients products that have been working well for me so far.

I’m growing a couple different strains at the moment. Bruce Banner (flower week 11) and Girl Scout cookie extreme (flower week 12). Both plants finished their flowering cycle last week and I am just waiting for them to ripen a bit more. My plan was to harvest them this weekend but about 5 days ago all this new growth started to happen. Recently the buds have sprouted new hairs on all of the bud sites.What could be causing this and should I harvest now like I was planning or let it go for a little longer? Has anyone else had this problem?

I am thinking your PH is a tad low, what is the PH and PPM in the run off? But really need photos @Goot
What soil type are you using?

It’s a last ditch effort to try and grab pollen…
New pistols at the very end is pretty normal , especially if it hasn’t been able to grab any pollen or shoot nanners… :wink:
Check tricomes and take it from there…
I myself would let them keep going as long as possible… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I had a buddy bring me his plant that was on Deaths Door, It only had a couple of leaves and no flowers. He didn’t take care of it, I was told it had flowered and the neighbor hood thugs stole the cola.

This was also confirmed with his cousin next door. I did manage to bring it back to life and I also managed to get 27 grams dry. Not to bad considering I didn’t know what I was doing at the point,

I can already say you need to provide specifics on everything you are doing and also pictures.

1 Like

They were flushed about 2weeks ago. This is the Bruce Banner at 10 weeks. I was at 95% brown pistils and 5% amber trichomes last weekend and now this.

2 Likes

I’m sure someone will probably say does it have amber colored trichomes. Bruce looks yummy.

Yes as of last weekend I was at like 5% amber on the sugar leafs and the bud trichomes were just starting to turn. That’s just about where I like it so i was planing on chopping tomorrow. But??

1 Like

No clue…I thought when the pistils was amber is the time you pull your plant. I found out that isn’t the case since I joined this forum. Ive never had amber trichomes due to my lack of knowledge. I’m on the right path now,

1 Like

Looks like she is starting to foxtail a little bit. If she is only spitting out a few white hairs in certain spots I wouldnt worry about them and go ahead with your chop. Looks good! Try to keep that 6.3 to 6.8 ph in soil and you will face less problems.

2 Likes

Amber trichomes is degraded THC. THC reaches its peak potential whenever it turns cloudy.

So I pulled this one with cloudy trichomes and was correct?

3 Likes

You will need a jeweler’s loupe to really see the trichomes

I would say go ahead and pull her down or him I mean being Bruce Banner if you let it go I’m sure it’s going to start fox tail which isn’t always bad but it will definitely ripen up when you chop it down I would chop it down whole and hang it do you want to do dry it slow it will still finishing up with all the leafs hanging to dry

1 Like