Bud burn on my flowers

Can anyone help me figure out why some of my plants are looking like this…Our first grow and just looking for some guidance

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :wave:

To me, the plant looks healthy. Looks like normal flowers beginning. Those white pistils will turn brown, then grow more white pistils, then those will turn brown, that should happen 3 times.

You have a long way to go still. Happy growing!

3 Likes

Maybe this will help? Pics always help me :blush:

2 Likes

I knew I could count on you guys to help! Thank you and will definitely keep you updated…well that’s my hope…lol. So glad to have found this site!

The pics help me so much also! You guys rock!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

If your referring to the white pistil hairs, that’s normal bud development, your in flower now.

Your plants look great :+1: happy growing, good luck

2 Likes

Looking good! Looks like a forest :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They look ok to me, they’re in the flowering stage, join the crowd, I’m waiting too! 10 weeks at 5 ft tall Blackjack and Sour Tangie, Super lemon Mac was 4 ft tall when starting to flower. May 5-6 now look at them!

3 Likes

Awesome pics! Think sometimes I over evaluate everything. The grow is really doing well for our first. One of my concerns is deleafing or if I even should at this point. Got some huge fan leaves covering and just worried about what I could be losing out on.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Only 3 times? Was this experienced regardless of strain?

I have only grown 14 plants from seed to harvest, so I still consider myself new and learning.

I have grown photos and autos (multiple strains at the same time) and they all seem to follow this trend. I have had some strains grow more pistils, but that was due to heat/light stress.

I love to read. Most cannabis articles I’ve read state this as the norm: “ It’s important to remember that it is normal for some strains to put out new waves of pistils two or three times during the flowering stage, even without heat or light damage.”

Have you experienced something different?

3 Likes

Plants looking good ! I see nothing to be concerned about .@Brobdab Has got you covered. Welcome to the community !

1 Like

Yes. Im only on grow #2. but my previous grow kicked out new pistils on a daily basis for the last two weeks at least. When I chopped them, they were still producing white pistils, even though the trichomes were all developed. I have read that this is MOST common and that is why it is recommended to not use the pistils all being red as a definitive guide to maturation. The only way to tell a plant is actually finished is by trichomes.

2 Likes

Well I’m learning and reading a lot for sure and everyone has there own way obviously. So at this point I’m not sure what to expect at all to be honest. We have 24 plants and 3 different strains. The GG is not getting tall at all and the others are to the ceiling. Which is concerning with the lights. But the GG buds are looking really good and plenty at least.

These pics are from May 30th. Need to get some updated ones. My husband takes most of the pics

3 Likes

Agreed, there are about 1000 ways to grow, yet folks will get down right mad unless you agree to their ideology. I hate that there are so many opinions out there that its hard to learn without an experienced ear to bend. Inevitably some one or some technique will ring true to your ears and that will become your methodology. Plants look awesome so, no matter who or what you been following. Its working. :smile:

3 Likes

Wow…thank you! This was a really informative article. I’m surprised I hadn’t seen this one yet.

1 Like

I only defoliate just so I can get some airflow through the plants that’s it that’s all I do. Oh and take some clones

iPhone XR

I learned from family, bikers to hippies and also when I was young 4/5 grade I got hold of book. How to grow marijuana from the 70’s.

1 Like